Chapter 3

RYUJIN'S POV
AFTER SCHOOL

Yuna and I had a few more classes together after lunch, so we kinda had no choice but to talk and get closer.

We've only known each other for less than a day, and I can feel a spark.

Not going to rush and say that I have a crush so soon. I did. Before, I moved away.

But, I never told her that. Because of her mom.. and because she was straight.

So, I kept it to myself.

Currently, I'm sitting in my room, staring at my wall.

I turn my head to my phone, someone is calling.

I sit up and take it into my hands so see who had called.

I answer the phone.

"Yeji? What's up?"

"Hey bro. I just got back home from Lia's, wanna go for a walk?"

"Uh," I hummed before checking the time, "Yeah, sure. Meet me outside."

"Alright, see you then."

I hung up and jumped off the bed. I picked up my jacket and threw it over my shoulders.

I grabbed my phone and keys and ran downstairs.

"Mom! I'm going for a walk with Yeji!" I screamed to the top of the stairs.

"Alright! Don't be too long!" She yelled back.

I opened the door and ran out, shutting it behind me.

I ran a couple of houses down before I see a familiar figure standing by a lightpost.

"Yeddeong!" I shouted to her.

"Ryuddaeng!" She turned, smiling to me.

We ran to each other and hugged.

"Hey dummy." I snorted before pulling away.

"I just wanted to catch up on how your day was. I couldn't right after school because Lia invited me over to study for a bit." Yeji explained.

"To 'study'. Right, Yeji.." I laughed.

"Ryujin! You're so gross!" Yeji pushed me, also laughing.

"It wasn't like that, we really did study.."

"And made out." I added playfully.

"Hm, well.." Yeji shrugged.

"Yeji! I was only kidding!" I fake gagged, Yeji just laughing her ass off.

"Anyways. It's alright. My day wasn't all that bad, I saw Yuna for the first time." I sighed.

"How was it? How did you feel?" Yeji raised an eyebrow at me.

"Awkward." I shivered.

The cold air hitting our faces, the wind blew as we were walking.

"Hm. I bet." Yeji chuckled. "Her mom isn't around, so you don't have much to worry about."

"She isn't? What happened?" I started to panic.

"Nothing serious. Just a bunch of business trips. Yuna told me she recently had to stay in another state for a while. I don't know but I haven't see her around for a while, so for now, you're safe.." Yeji nodded.

I shook my head. "I never said I had a crush on her Yeji." I turn my head to her.

"I know, I know. Just in case you do." Yeji confirmed.

I nodded.

Silence.

"Well, I feel nervous around her. I might have a crush on her? I don't know, it's only been a day." I groaned.

"So? You've known each other for years." Yeji said.

"People changed." I huffed.

"She hasn't," Yeji snapped back, "I've been her friend, even while you were gone, Ryu, she hasn't changed. She's still as cheerful and loving as she was when you left," She slightly smiled.

"The girl you had a crush on then." She smiled fully.

I stared at her, eyes wide.

Then I shook my head. "Don't get all gushy on me, Yeji." I snickered.

"Hey! You were listening." Yeji laughed.

"Whatever, whatever." I rolled my eyes.

"How about this, we can all go to the amusement park tomorrow." Yeji suggested.

"We?"

"You, Me, Lia, Yuna and Chaeryeong."

I nodded. "Maybe."

"You can take this chance to get closer to Yuna." She winked at me.

"Maybe." I repeated, shrugging my shoulders.

My phone started ringing and I pulled it out my pocket, I looked at it to see my mom calling.

"Hey mom, oh okay, I'll be there soon." I said before putting it back in my pocket.

"Gotta go?" Yeji asked.

"Yeah.. Can't believe it's been that long.. it feels like we were out here for like.. five seconds!" I threw my hands up before bringing them back to my sides.

"Happens when you talk about the love of your life." She nudges my arm.

"Oh, shut up." I pushed her slightly, rolling my eyes.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Yeji." I hugged her.

"See ya." She hugged back.

I started to walk off before she called out to me.

"Yeah?"

"Think about what I said, Ryujin! She's that same girl, she never changed." Yeji smiled warmly at me.

I nodded to her before turning back to walk off.