Chapter 21

They all stayed at the mall until late at night, they all returned home.

Yuna walked through her front door and didn't look up until her shoes were completely off her feet.

Once she looked up, she was taken by surprise.

Sitting on the couch was her father, older sister and..

Her mother.

She didn't expect her mom to return so soon.

"M-Mom.." Was all Yuna could say.

"Hi, Yuna." Her mother smiled a sweet smile.

Yuna walked over to them and sat down, talking with her mother to catch up on things.

Internally, she was panicking. Though she loved her mom dearly, she was the very reason her best friend left years ago and held.. a hatred towards this woman.

Now that exact girl is back, and Yuna has a crush on that girl.

What would she tell her mother if she knows she got back? What would she think if she hears that her daughter likes her? Yuna was afraid and nervous.

"Yuna!" She heard Tzuyu yell, waving a hand in her face. "Huh?" Yuna shook her head. "Sorry, I spaced out.."

"You must be so tired. You've been out all day, go on to sleep, we'll talk in the morning." Their mother said. Yuna nodded and retreated up to her bedroom.

As soon as the door closed, she slid down the wall, a couple of tears running down her cheeks.

She doesn't want to lose Ryujin again.

Too much is happening with them right now and this is just overwhelming.

A knock on the door sounded and Yuna stopped crying, keeping her mouth shut to make sure nobody heard her.

"Yuna?" A familiar said from the other side of the door.

Tzuyu.

Yuna stood up and cracked open the door, looking up at her older sister.

"Hey, Let me in so we can talk." The tall one said.

Yuna nodded slowly and opened her door enough to let her sibling inside, Tzuyu smiling a bit as she walked in.

They sit on the bed, silence taking over them for a split second before Tzuyu speaks up. "I saw your expression down there. What's going on?"

Yuna sighs, "Remember Ryujin?" She looks up at Tzuyu.

Tzuyu nodded, staring at Yuna intently. "She's back.. and I have.. developed feelings for her," she started. "But she left because of mom. Mom told her she couldn't hang with me because she was.. gay."

Tzuyu nodded, she knows their mother is.. or hopefully, used to be homophobic.

"So, Ryujin moved away. Leaving me alone. Now that they're both back, I'm scared to lose Ryujin again, I dont want to.. What will mom do if she finds out that I like her..? Or if we start dating!" Yuna said, letting a tear escape.

Tzuyu rubs her sister's back, "This is understandable, but all I can say is just.. wait. Maybe, she's changed. Let's just hope she's not still homophobic.. I have a girlfriend and I'm gonna tell mom soon."

Yuna nodded, "Hopefully.. wait! You have a girlfriend?!" she shouted.

Tzuyu laughed and covered Yuna's mouth, "Yes.. Her name is Sana.."

A certain and familiar orange haired girl came to mind. "Does she happen to work at Icy?"

Tzuyu nodded with a raised eyebrow. "Oh! I know her! We met when Ryujin and I went there." Yuna smiled.

Tzuyu giggled, "That's awesome."

Yuna laughed with her. Tzuyu stood up and sighed, "Just wait." she repeated before leaving the room and going to her own.

Her smile fell once she left the room, the thoughts running back into her head.

Her and Ryujin aren't even dating..

This is going to be harder than she thought.