Chapter 5

Emily's POV

I still can't forget how hurt Noah looked like when I said that he is a monster. I was actually angry and didn't mean it.

I was scared when he rose his hand. I waited for the impact but it never came. When I looked at him he was looking like he was thinking before releasing my arm that he squeezed painfully.

I was feeling warm when he wiped my tears and missed it immediately when he removed his hands. I was so dumb to let him go with his bleeding hands.

I was on lunch with these two when I saw that Noah isn't at school. This is all my fault. I called him a monster and I didn't even tell him sorry for that.

''Have you seen Noah today?'' I ask them.
''No. I think he didn't came in school. Why?'' Sarah asked confused.
''I had an argument with him and it was actually my fault.'' I explain.
''You know him. He goes missing for a week or a month, but always comes back.'' Leah chuckled.
''You are right.'' I smiled softly but I still feel guilty.

She made me feel better a little. I know he will be back. I hope. It just doesn't feel right what I did. Or maybe I'm desperate to see him.

I was thinking all day about Noah. What if he got in a fight again? I don't know when he will understand that fights won't help him to achieve something. He needs to think about school, not just go for a month and comes back like he was always in school.

We decided to go buy ice creams after school. I brought them to my favourite ice cream shop. I always order the stracciatella flavour with chocholate syrup. That was my favourite since I was a kid.

We were strolling through a city when some familiar person I recognized as Noah rushed in some alley. How much I wanted to go after him, I just couldn't.

I tried to forget that I saw him so close but so far away. I was so tired from walking all the afternoon. I ploped down on a bed and shook my shoes off.

After taking a shower I changed in my pink pajama and rushed downstairs to eat. My mom was in a kitchen while my dad is at work till late.

''Mom what's for dinner?''
''You have chicken noodle soup in the fridge.''
''Oki.''

I took out a pot of the fridge and filled my plate with it. I put it in a microwave and waited. I slurped everything fast and felt full. This is so good when my mom prepares.

I sat down on the couch with my mom.
''How is the school going Emily?''
''Good. My grades are pretty up. Like always.''
''I'm proud of you sweetie.'' She kisses my forehead.
''Thanks.''
''Any friends, maybe male friends?'' She asks excitedly. My mind goes to Noah.
''No, mom.''
''There is. I can see it in your eyes.'' She smirks.
''Well...I don't know if I really like him. It's complicated.'' I explain.
''Oh well. I think you know your heart the best. Just clear things a little for you.''
''Thanks mom.'' I hug her.

That's way I love my mom so much. She always helps me when times are tough. I wonder how she always finds the right words. That's what amazes me with my mom.

I was getting tired so I got up and kissed her cheek.
''Night mom.''
''Good night hun.''

I climbed to my room and laid in my bed. I'm so tired from everything. From school, from my thoughts about Noah. It just that I'm tired. I'm happy that tomorrow is Saturday so I can oversleep.

I fell asleep as soon as my eyelids closed. I thought I didn't sleep so long when I woke up again but it was still dark. I looked over my digital clock to see 2:30 a.m.

Who woke me up in the middle of a night? I got up from bed and went over to my window to see Noah knocking. Why is he doing here? I quickly opened my window so he could enter.

''Why are you smelling so gross and why are you here?'' I ask.
''I need your help.''
''My help?''
''I had a fight and other fighter had a knife and he cut me on a back. So I need you to help me clean a wound. I can't do it myself.''
''What?''
''Will you help me or not?''
''Yes. Sit down.''

He sat down on my bed. I rushed to get first aid kit from my bathroom. I can't believe someone will do that to him. That's a cheating in a fight.

I saw him still sitting on a bed after I got out. I placed a box next to him on a bed. He removed his shirt slowly. I know he hurts a lot by his expression.

I know it's not time to check him out but he is a mass. He has really defined six pack and broad shoulders. He turned to the side for me to have a better look at his back.

I gasped when I saw bloody cut across his back. I took everything I needed to wrap his wound. He didn't flinch or did anything to show that he is hurt.

''I'm going to get one of my dad's T-shirt.''
I sneaked in my parents room to not wake them up and took my dad's old T-shirt from the wardrobe. I carefully walked away and was actually proud when I didn't make any sound.

Noah was waiting for me in my room. I helped him to get the shirt on.
''You can stay here for the night.'' I say.
''Thanks.''
''You can take a bed, I'll sleep on a floor.''
''No. This is your bed.''
''I can't let you sleep with the wound on the hard floor.'' I try to reason him.
''Okay then. We'll share a bed.''
''What?''
''I won't touch you.''
''Are you sure?''
''Yes.''

I sighed and got under cover with him. This is so embarassing. I share a bed with him, my bed. He left enough space between us and we were facing each other.

''Noah?'' I ask quietly.
''What?''
''I'm sorry.'' I say my eyes tearing up.
''Why would you be sorry?''
''I called you monster but I didn't mean it.'' I say crying silently.
''What you said was truth tho. You didn't say anything wrong.''
''Don't say it. You are not a monster. I was angry at you so I said that.''
''Come here.'' He opened his arms for me.
I got closer and cuddled into him. He wrapped arms around me and put his chin on top of my head.
''You aren't at fault because I fight with others. This is my fault how I became like this.'' He whispered.
''But I insulted you.''
''It's not the insult when somebody says the truth.'' I stayed silent.

''I wanted to ask you this a long time ago. What's your name?'' He asks.
''Emily Shine.'' I whisper.
''Beautiful.'' He mutters causing me to blush. I was lucky because he can't see me when my face is in his chest.
''Good night Emily.'' He says and tightens his arms around me.
''Night Noah.'' I mumble and fall asleep as fast as I said it.

'' I mumble and fall asleep as fast as I said it