Chapter 4

Noah's POV

I keep replaying how she reacted few nights ago. I didn't like to see her crying for some reason. I don't know what to think about her anymore. She annoys the crap out of me but I hate to admit it that I like that.  Nobody ever dared to say anything to me but she was afraid as h**k and I didn't like that.

Like the time when I sat next to her in the bus. She pulled herself closer to the window, almost gluing on it. Actually the first time when I sat next to her in the bus, it was because the seat next to her was only free.

Then I remebered her as a girl I bumped into when I was going in my apartment after fight. She bumped into me accidentally and said sorry quickly. I was quiet surprised when I saw her in the same school as me three days later.

Enough thinking about the girl I don't even know the name of. I have another fight ready for tonight so I need to prepare. I'm not in the gang but I fight for them in the return I get paid. They know I'm the best fighter in the city so they hire me to win over some p***ies.

I'm training since I was 14 and I'm still better than some men who trained for 10 years. What can I say? I had the best teacher and he helped me to learn how to fight. I always loved combat sports, but my dead parents couldn't afford to pay club bills so I took street fighting.

When I go to fight, I need to be mentally prepared because there is a lot of money playing in this game. I started working for gangs since last year. I managed to earn enough money to buy some place to live in.

Actually my apartment is just few streets away from that girl's house. I can say I envy her a little. From her behaviour, I can tell she has really good parents. Well, nothing can help me to return mine.

Mason or the leader of a gang who hired me for tonight said that he will give me $1000. I'm pleased with the payment and it's not a biggie. I never got defeated by someone and if I do, I'll probably die and be left without money.

I was working out in my house gym for two hours then I took a shower. I took my stretchy sweatpants and black T-shirt. I slipped in my sneakers and took matching sweatshirt. I'm ready to bust someone's head.

There were a lot of people around the circle where I'm going to fight. My opponent isn't big, he is weak on his left leg and looks pretty ugly, if you ask me. I removed my sweatshirt and throw it aside.

I let him attack me first but I will be the last one to attack. I easily swept his left leg and he fell on the floor immediately. I got on top of him and started punching his face. My knuckles covered with his and my blood. When I decided it's enough, I let him go. I don't want to kill him, I just knockout.

I got up and grabbed my sweatshirt. Half of the people cheered but half of them looked in disbelief. And in the second part was the girl with her eyes wide. I was shocked to see her. What is she even doing here? This is no place for her.

I moved towards her slowly when she snapped out of her shocked state and run through the people. I run after her and grabbed her arm harshly. She turned around with watered eyes but I could see anger in them.

"Are you going to cry because you saw me beat up that man?" I smirk.
"How could you do that to the innocent man?"
"I just did, didn't I?"
"You are a monster." She spat.

I raised my hand ready to slap her when she flinched and closed her eyes.
What am I doing? I would never hit a girl especially not her. This is not me. I brought my hand down and let go of her arm.
She slowly opened her eyes with tears streaming down her face. I am the one that made her cry. I wiped her tears roughly and brushed past her.

What was that? I ask myself in utter shock. But I can't forget that she called me monster. Am I really a monster? Do I look like one? I'm definitely a monster to her. She is too innocent and good for someone like me. I'm not worth it.

I rushed to Mason for my money and found him sitting on a chair in his office. I smirked when I saw envelope on a table in front of him. I sat down on the chair across him.

"Hello Noah."
"Hello Mason."
"How did the fight went?"
"15 min."
"You are getting faster in taking them down."
"I try to get my money faster too." He chuckled.
"Of course you do."
"I presume this envelope contains my payment?"
"You are presuming good." He says.
"You can check if you want."
"I trust you."

I say but I always check if the money is real. This money is real so I put the envelope in my pocket and extend my hand for him.
"Till next time Mason." He shook my hand back.
"I'm sure it will be." He smirked.

I got out from his office and left home. I passed next to that girl's house to see all lights turned off. I sigh and head home. I got in my house and went in my room straight away. I put the money in my safe that only I know the code.

I took a long warm shower and wrapped my hands after. My knuckles are pretty busted of punching so hard. I would knock him out easily but when adrenaline rushes through me nobody can stop me. Before falling asleep, I was thinking about particular girl that occupied my mind.