Chapter 3

Emily's POV

It's been two weeks since I met Noah in the bus. He wasn't in school last week but he came this Monday. I'm observing him since he glares nonstop when I see him so I'm afraid he will do something to me even if he didn't yet, but you know what people say 'everything is calm before a storm'.

Sarah and Leah don't bother me with him anymore when I convinced them that nothing is going on between us. But I really don't want anything between us. Maybe I'm a chicken for being afraid but I don't want to experience the same thing like last few years.

We were at the lunch when Noah was at the same place like always. He was staring at me again. I really don't know what to think about him anymore, maybe he wants something from me. I took a deep breath before getting up.

"Where are you going?" Sarah asked me.
"To Noah." I say and went to him on the other side of a cantin.

He noticed and smirked. What an evil smirk! I stood in front of him a little bit angry but mostly frightened.

"Excuse me." I say.
He raised an eyebrow beconing me to speak.
"Do you have some problems with your eyes?" I ask as politely as I could.
He didn't respond me but I heard few people gasp. His face showed a hint of anger causing me to back down a little.
"So now you have a problem with your tongue?" I say.
I'm internally crying but I just want him to stop staring at me.

He got up and towered over my small frame. I step backwards a bit.
"You know.... You shouldn't talk to me if you want consequences to happen. Now turn around and go sit with your friends."
His voice is so dark that made me almost fall down.
"Why are you always staring at me?" I say with my shaky voice.
He leaned down to my ear and whispered.
"That's my f***ing business, doll face!" I gasped when he said the 'f' word.
I looked at him wide eyed unable to form words.
"You can't say the 'f' word in school. That's inappropriate." I whisper to him and he just smirked at me.
"I can do whatever I want. Now move from my face and go back to sit with your friends." He says with threatening voice.

I gulped and looked at him one last time before going back to seat. Leah and Sarah looked at me shocked when I sat down.
"What did he said?" Sarah asked.
"He said the 'f' word."
"You mean f**k." Leah swore.
"Really? This is school. You can't say that." I say.
"Calm down Emily. Everybody says that but you just didn't hear it yet." Sarah rolls her eyes. Everybody is cursing in this school and I didn't hear it yet.
How is that possible?

I'm getting more and more shocked these days. I looked over at Noah again and he was still looking at me with that emotionless face. Why doesn't he show any emotion? Maybe he is afraid or just doesn't want it. I smiled slightly at him and he covered his shocked face fast with his emotionless one. Well, that's some improvement at least.

We decided to go for a walk this afternoon. I met up with Leah and Sarah at the park and we headed to a river. I really like to take a walk next to the river because it's peaceful and sometimes I like to watch kids playing. It brings back memories that weren't ruined by bullies.

"Emily do you think Noah is attractive?" Leah asked suddenly.
"Why do you ask me that?" I say emphasizing 'me'.
"Because you were the only person to speak to him and he is observing you like always."
"Well...he is handsome." I say hesitating.
"We can agree with you or just the say he is too sexy for his own good."
Sarah said smirking.
"Ok." I say weirded out.

We were walking until it got dark so we hurried home. L.A. is quite scary at night, especially when you live in house not in a building. I made bigger steps to get home faster when I feel somebody following me. I turned my head around a little to see some man behind me. This raised my anxious so I was almost runnning, almost. He was still following me when I felt him right behind me.

He grabbed my shoulder and yanked me backwards. This man has black hair and dark eyes with a evil smile attached on his face. I tried to wiggle out of his hold but he gripped me so hard that I know it will leave a bruise.
"What do you want from me? I don't have a money." I say.
"Who says I want your money? I thought that we can have fun at my place."
"I really don't want to have fun so please let me go." I say tearing up.
"Well I need to force you then." He yanked my hair.

I turn to look is anybody here when I spotted familiar figure getting closer.
I bit that man's hand and run over to the figure.
"Noah!" I yell running to him. Stranger was running behind me but I quickly hid behind Noah and gripped his jacket.
"Hey, what's going on?" Noah asked me.
"He almost took me with him and hurt me. Help me, please." I beg.
Stranger came in front of us.
"Give me the girl."
"I need to think about it..." Noah turned around with smirk attached on his face. What is he doing? I asked him to help me.
"Noah what are you doing?" I ask him with few tears slipping.

He looked at me like he is unaffected that I'm shaking from fear. He wiped my tears roughly and turned around.
"I decided I can't give her to you." He said and punched him in the face. I gasp when I see a man passed out. Noah turned to me and I look at him shocked.

 Noah turned to me and I look at him shocked

"You asked me to help you. I did it."
"Thank you." Few tears slip again and he wiped them again.
"No need to be a p***y anymore."
"I'm not the 'p' word. And why do you always swear?"
"I'll f***ing swear how much I f***ing like." He gripped my chin harshly.

He cursed so much in just one sentence and he said that so easily.
"But you don't have to."
"That's none of your f***ing business, like I said before." He released my chin roughly causing me to tilt my head aside. It hurts a little so I rub it softly.

"I'll walk you home. I don't want you to call me again because you are unable to take care of yourself." I feel tears prickle at the end of my eyes.
"You don't have to. Thank you for helping me. I don't want to bother you anymore." I say harshly and turned around stepping forward.

He sighed and started following me from behind. I ignored him and rushed home. After two streets he was still behind me and thank God my house was here. I unlocked the door not even sparing glance at him. I rushed up to see him leaving from my window.