NOTES & FULFILLED PROMISES

31
How I imagine Leo's voice^

NOTES & FULFILLED PROMISES

"YEA so basically that's the entire story." I say as we do our hair for school the next day. She ruffles hers up, her dark layers laying perfectly on each other.

"Wow..." she says, it's all she can say and I nod. "Yea my life right now is fucked. That's why I'm happy it's the homecoming game, maybe I'll have fun for once in my life." I say and she laughs before gasping.

"Wait!?" She says and I laugh, putting on slightly pink lip gloss and looking at the door as it opens. Leo strides in, pushing his keys into his pocket as the lanyard hangs down.

"We're leaving soon, girls." He says, looking me up and down before staring at his sister. "What if we were naked you idiot!" She calls and he sighs, "I've seen both of you naked recently and one of them was scaring." He says and my eyes open wide and look at Rose.

"WHAT?!" I scream and she huffs, "DID YOU HAVE SEX WITH MY BROTHER!?!"

"EVERYBODY HAS!" I scream and she starts giggling uncontrollably as she tries to finish her makeup.

"I can't even argue.." she says with a shake of her head and Leo's tall figure leans against the doorframe. "I'm not that much of a man whore!" He says and she shakes her head, "When was the last time you kissed somebody you didn't know?" She asks and he bites his lip, looking at me nervously before he glazed over his eyes.

He realized we're not... together anymore.

"Two days ago." He says and she raises an eyebrow at me, "Wow okay you move on quickly." She huffs as we move of her bedroom.

Oh...

so quick..

That was the day it all happened...

He left me.. and then kissed somebody...

"You told her!?" He screams after me and I nod, looking back at him. "Of course I would. We tell each other everything." I mumble, obviously slightly passive aggressive to him. I didn't expect to be, we were fine before.

But I still love him.

And he kissed a girl the day he did that to me, and after he told me he still loved me.

Then we rush down the stairs and grab our backpacks at the bottom.

He chuckles as he follows us, leaning on the handrail and engulfed in his mind. His eyes were foggy but full of happiness, he was imagining something. What? I don't know...

I walk slowly over to my mom who is looking through scrapbooks with Jemma, who is currently on a break between meetings. My mom lays there in her cashier getup and laughs.

Sure we weren't rich but fuck even after all of this were happy!

I lean over and hug her and she kisses my cheek, "You don't have to go-"

I shake my head, "I don't wanna hold onto it.." I say and she nods, biting her lip before pulling out a photo of me kissing Leo on the cheek at one of our earlier beach house visits. He seems so happy. His eyes were shining and his smile was huge.

Then she hands me another one, this time from this beach trip. It was me and Leo, me sitting in between his spread legs and leaning my head back on the couch while we laughed. His head was in the crook of my neck.

"Keep it with you." She says and I furrow my eyebrows, "Why?" I ask and she licks her lips and sighs, looking at her hands and finally taking off her wedding ring.