JOKER GREEN & REASONS #1 & #2

12
(That song is the song that Leo wrote for Roxy in this book. It's Jewel by Adam Melchor. Also this one is really long so sorry....)

JOKER GREEN & REASONS #1 & #2

I FLINCH as another jump scare happens, me and Leo having switched positions when the m&m skittle fiasco happened so that he's surrounding me. My head lays still on his chest, hearing his heart beat as his hands rub against my back, signaling that he's here.

"I'm here, Baby."

"Fuck no your not." I whisper sarcastically and he chuckles. "I'm not gonna be sweet all of the time, Roxy. You like me for me and right now if you be yourself one more time I'll actually throw you off of me." He says and I push my lips into a fine line, falling back from him and slowly leaning towards Rose whose face is intent on the movie.

"Fuck no you don't." He mumbles, grabbing my hand and pulling me closer to him again. "Ha you asshole." I prove with squinted eyes before I settle down into him again.

"Shut up." He mumbles, holding me tighter to him as he watches the movie. I, not wanting to watch the movie, have decided now would be the perfect time to fuck around.

I trail my finger across Leo's sharp jawline as he watches the movie, I feel like it could cut me.

"I know your limits, Roxy, if you need to close your eyes I will cover them for you." He says and I swallow. "Dude I have as much tolerance for this sort of stuff as a baby." I mumble and he nod, not paying attention as he pushes my head towards the movie and kisses the top of my head.

"Remember what I told you, if you're ever blind I'll be your eyes." He says and I sniff, bringing my legs up and wrapping my arms around them as I lay on my side on Leo.

And Leo was right.

Right as I'm about to screech, feeling the anticipation, Leo's hand darts over my eyes. He hoists me up closer to him and whispers in my ears.

"Marianna is not alive anymore." He mumbles and I chuckle.

"You're great at being eyes." I mumble and he swallows. "You're not a very good listener-" I stop him before he continues and slap his arm.

"I hate you." I say sweetly and he smiles. "I hate you too, Roxy."

I take a slow blink, expecting to wake up from a dream of today but no, I don't.

I bite my lip as I smile largely, digging my head into his chest and being engulfed by his smell of vanilla and evergreen.

I kiss his chest as he stiffens, but it's for a quick second before I think he realized that I'm real. He holds me tighter as I close my eyes.

I'm asleep.

When I wake up it's morning, I'm curled into a ball in the same position I was earlier, under the heating blanket and on top of Leo.

His deep, husky and raspy morning voice hums as his fingers run through my dirty hair. I groan, signaling Im up as I open my eyes and his smile slowly gets wider and wider.

"Why are we still out here?" I ask as I sit up and stretch. "Well it was either I move you, which was pretty easy, or I let you stay on top of me drooling away your life." He says and I furrow my eyebrows.

"I chose the latter." He says and I roll my eyes jumping and straddling him as I watch the sunrise.

I look at him, deep in his eyes as smile.

God I love him, but I can't say that...

Not yet, that's to crazy.

"You're so stupid." I say and he smirks. "That's what I'm good at." He says, leaning in to give me a kiss as his hands rest on my ass but I stop him. I put my finger over his mouth and raise an eyebrow.