HAZY

5

HAZY

Leo wrapped his arm around my waist, his entire body stiff as if he knew he didn't want to do that. So he quickly retracted his arm as Jemma starts talking.

"Okay, we are only here for 1 1/2 weeks, so we have to make it count. Today we are going to the brunch at Lemon's with the Waters," she says and I swallow.

The Waters are the people who used to own this beach house, and they loved it so much they bought a new house around here and sold this one. It's this fifty year old guy who hated his life and his twenty eight year old girl, they have two kids, this eight year old boy, and their 17 year old son, Haze.

Though his real mom died and he is now stuck with a girl who was eleven when he was born, he is the sweetest person. He has curly brown hair and is super tall, not as tall as Leo who is 6'4" or something crazy that makes him taller than everyone, but he was probably like 6'1".

I loved Haze, me and him always got along well, but Leo hates Haze, like purely despises him.

"Tomorrow you guys have a free day, then two beach days. After that we are going to the Strawberry fields in Fulmark, the last few days we have our open days, if you find something you want to do, do it. This is Jace's last beach house vacation before college so make it count!" She says and Rose woos, I just smile and laugh at her.

"Rose?" I ask while laughing and she shrugs, laughing too, "What ?" She asks, which just makes me laugh harder.

Leo just stares at his intertwined hands though, he protects this family, well mostly me and Rose but he protects us and he's never liked the idea of leaving, especially for college.

"Calm down girls, it wasn't in any way funny." Jemma says and me and Rose just start our laughing fit all over again. My entire body vibrates as I lean back onto Leo.

He swallows, grabbing my waist and whispering in my ear, "You won't be laughing anymore if you keep doing that." He says lowly and my eyes go wide as I turn my body towards him.

"I don't want to know what my son just said, but go get something fancy on for brunch with the Waters." She demands, and when I get up she walks over to me, "You are probably gonna be spending time with Haze I assume so you can just leave with him after the brunch and we'll meet you back here when you get home." She says and I smile, "Okay, I love you Jemma." I scream as I walk into Leo's room.

He has all of my clothes in his room since I put my bags in there, and when I walk in he's buttoning up a pair of black jeans. No matter the weather he is always wearing either jeans or sweatpants.

"You ever heard of knocking?" He asks and I shake my head, "I've heard of it, I just don't believe in it. You hiding something in here?" I ask with a raised eyebrow, digging through my bag and finding a dress. I guess I have to be well dressed and presentable to meet Haze again, but I did want to be cute after my mini glow-up.

I mean....

I have boobs now!!!!

I pick out this short white, off the shoulder romper with red flowers all over it and a gold necklace with a pink crystal at the end. 

I turn around to look at him as he speaks, still without a shirt, "Only you." He says and I scoff, "Okay, Leo." I say with a chuckle as I turn back around and look for shoes.

"Oh does lil' Roxy not have a comeback?" Leo judges and I turn my head to his, "Or do my abs make you not think straight?" He asks and I look at him with a raised eyebrow, "oh I'll promise you the only thing that makes me not think straight is hottie Haze." I say and he growls.