2 The Transfer Student

Lillian swings her legs sitting on the chair. Her legs don’t reach the floor while sitting on the chair. She pouts while watching random videos on her phone while continuously swinging her legs.

“Have you done your homework?” I ask serving her cereals and grabbing the phone away from her hand. She pouts again but nods her head before grabbing the spoon. “You sure you’re not lying? Because I will make sure to punish you if I’ll receive complain from your school.”

“I did it Eli.” She sings along stuffing her mouth with sweet cereals. I run pulling her along with me when I hear the honk of school bus in front of our house. Making sure Lilly is looking fine and have water bottle in her bag, I chap a kiss on her cheek as she groans and open the door wide for her. “God, I am not a baby for god’s sake.” She complains making me laugh.

“I love you.” I shout as she skips her way towards the gate.

“Bye! I love you too.” She shouts back and steps inside the bus. Smiling to myself, I walk back inside the house. Lilly is my everything. I want to give her everything in the world that she desires and I would do anything for her.

I decide to go by bus today. Stuffing the airpods in my ears, I walk down the streets towards the bus station of my neighbourhood. I am still in dilemma to what to do with the blue diamonds. I have dreamed about them since the day I came to know the real worth of those pretty little stones. My dad worked day and night and shoved money on the ugly faces just to get them.

Blue diamond is quite famous around the world, but only few people are aware of the presence of the one with the streaks of green jadeite. Rarest of the rare stones and if anyone around the world will know that I have those diamonds, I cannot even imagine what will happen then.

The bus arrives and I hop in it. The bus in our neighbourhood is usually empty because of the rich people who rather choses to ride on their expensive transportation rather than using public transportation. I walk to the back of the bus and slump on a chair. Nodding my head to the beats of ‘3 Wayz’ by Ty Dolla Sign and Travis Scott, I stare out of the window.

I want to graduate as soon as possible without any fail. It was my mother’s dream to see me in a black cape and hat holding the certificate of my degree. I am about to graduate this year from a renowned university and I am glad for it. My mother lives in London, away from me and my dark life. I hate her for so many reasons, but I love her too. I hate her because she abandoned her children in the middle of dismay and went away from us. I would’ve appreciated if she would’ve taken Lillian with her, but she didn’t. When I was small, I heard mom and dad arguing with each other in the night time. Probably it was the last time they ever argued or talked. My mom said that she didn’t want to get involved in this dark life that my dad leads, and the next day I knew my mother was packing her bags in the morning and after returning back from the school, she was gone.

She would ask for Lilly to visit London every summer break and I would gladly send her there. Lilly is too young to understand any of it. I declared blue was my favourite colour when I was eleven, and Lilly just now started to grow up, I don’t want her to do anything stupid in her life. I met my mother last time when I went London with Lilly during summer break which was probably five years back, and now… I don’t even wish to see her.

The bus halts at several stops and I keep the seat next to me empty as always. I like my own personal space and I hate it when anyone tries to break in that space, not until I allow them to. The university is at the distance of fifteen minutes more, judging the heavy traffic; it must take twenty to thirty minutes. I don’t have many friends in college; apparently I don’t like to make friends. People like me should always have low circle.