Health is Important

Written For allofthestars_7

Prompt: Toby gets a migraine from overworking himself so Spencer goes to the loft to take care of him but it gets worse and she ends up having to take him to the ER in the middle of the night [Inspired by Tumblr otp prompts]

Set after 6x03
‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

Spencer had just walked into The Brew to order a cup of coffee, and while Sabrina was getting her order ready she couldn't help but look over to the stairs that led upstairs to Toby's loft, normally she would probably go up there and see him, but ever since their little disagreement last week about Lorenzo's relationship with Alison she has just been ignoring his calls and texts, she was still upset with him for saying he doesn't think that Alison could really change, she just doesn't want to see it talk to him right now, not yet anyway.

"Here you go Spencer." Sabrina said as she handed her the to-go cup of coffee, Spencer snapped out of her thoughts and thanked Sabrina and then she went to leave, but then she heard someone call for her.

"Spencer! Hi." Spencer knew that voice, it was Lorenzo, she reluctantly turned around. "Hi Lorenzo, I'm assuming that you're here to meet Ali?" Spencer said and Lorenzo nodded. "Yeah I am, are you here to see Toby?" He asked her and she froze a little, knowing that Toby probably told Lorenzo that she's been avoiding him since their little disagreement. "Actually no, I'm just here to get a cup of coffee." She said and Lorenzo's expression changed, Spencer could sense that he was worried about something. "Well I really think that you should go and check on him, Tanner's been making him do a lot of work and he hasn't really been taking care of himself the past week, and..." Lorenzo trailed off, leaving Spencer to stand there and worry, right now she didn't care about their little disagreement, she just wanted Toby to be okay. "Lorenzo, what happened?" She asked him, the desperation evident in her voice, Lorenzo took a deep breath. "Spencer... Toby almost collapsed when we were on a stakeout last night, I told him to call you, but I guess he decided not to because he didn't want you to worry, and because you've been avoiding his calls for the past week anyway." Lorenzo said and Spencer felt like her heart stopped, she immediately regretted avoiding Toby's calls and texts for the past week, she was so mad at him, and now she just feels terrible, she had no idea that Tanner was slamming him with so much work, although she can't say that she's surprised, but she feels extra terrible for ignoring him when he was being forced to work so much. "W-what?! H-how is he now?" Spencer asked worriedly. "The last I heard from him was this morning, he called in sick to work, he said that he had a bad migraine." Lorenzo said, now Spencer was even more worried, if he had to call in sick to work then he must really be feeling terrible, he needs her and she's been ignoring him and she couldn't feel more guilty. "I need to go and check on him, make sure that he's okay. Thank you for telling me Lorenzo." Spencer said. "Yeah of course, just take care of him, he really hasn't been acting like himself since you stopped talking to him, he needs you." Lorenzo said before walking over to sit down at a table leaving Spencer standing there in the middle of the floor, she was trying to not start crying, but she snapped out of it quickly because right now she needed to focus on taking care of her safe place to land, and make sure that he knows that she still loves him and that she's sorry for being so stubborn and ignoring him for the past week, she took a deep breath before heading up the stairs to the loft, she figured that it would just be better if she just used her key instead of knocking, especially since he had a migraine, so she dug into her purse and got out her key and she put it into the door and she slowly opened it, she took the key out of the door and put it back in her purse, she then quietly closed the door and then her eyes settled on Toby who was lying on the couch, he looked like he was sleeping, her heart broke even more because she could tell how miserable he looked, and she also noticed how pale he looked, she only wished she had responded to him sooner, not ignored him in the first place, she took a deep breath as she slowly walked over and set her coffee down on the table and then she knelt down on the floor by the couch and she watched him sleep for a few more seconds before she gently reached her hand out to ran it through his hair gently and then a few seconds later Toby's eyes started to flutter open.