6B AU

Set in 6B Emily calls Spencer to tell her that Toby was in a car accident (They are still together but don't see each other too often due to Spencer working in DC.)

Spencer was in Washington DC working in her office when her cell phone rang and she started looking through her purse for it hoping it was the one person who's voice she needed to hear, Toby. It had been roughly two weeks since she last saw him and it's been killing her, he rented an apartment in DC and visits her when he can, but with his Construction company being in Rosewood he couldn't leave permanently and she understood that, but she missed him. She eventually plans on moving back to Rosewood to be with him but she hasn't been able to make many trips to see him right now due to her busy work schedule.

She finally finds her phone and gets it out of her purse and looks at the caller ID: Emily.

“Hey Em, what's up? I’m in my office right now.”

“Yeah I figured you would still be there but I had to call you, it's important.”

“Okay? What is it?”

“Spence it's…… it's Toby.”

Her heart stopped.

“W-what are you talking about? Is he okay?!”

“He was in a car accident Spence. He broke his leg and has some minor bruises and stuff but they say he's going to be just fine, I'm outside his room right now, he has been asking for you but he didn't want to bother you while you were working but I told him that you would want to know and that I was going to call you.”

“O-oh my gosh, tell him I’m on my way okay?”

“I will. See you soon.”

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

As soon as Spencer got back to Rosewood she raced to the hospital where once she found room 214  she was greeted with a hug from Emily. “How is he?” Spencer said, her voice still a bit shaky, she was terrified of losing her safe place to land. “He is doing pretty good, I imagine he will be doing great though once he sees you. Emily said.

“Did you tell him I was coming?” She nodded “I told him, I don't know if he fully believed me though you know since you were working.” She shook her head “Toby always comes first, he knows that.” Emily smiled and said “Why don't you go remind him of that then.” And Spencer gave her another hug and as she put her hand on the door handle she turned her head back to look at her “Thanks for staying here with him Em, and for calling me.” Emily smiled “Anytime.” And then Spencer slowly opened the door to her loving boyfriend's hospital room and as soon as he saw her his face lit up with a big smile.

And she let out a breath she didn't realize she was holding. He was okay. Aside from the broken  leg of course but he was alive smiling at her that's all that mattered. “Hi.” She smiled back at him.

“You came.”

“Of course I did, you needed me where else would I be?”  she said walking closer and he scooted over a little bit so she could sit on his bed.

“Shouldn't you be working?” His smile faded and looked down. “Tobes you are much more important than my work, always.” She said and she lifted his head up and caressed his face with her hands. “I missed you.” He said smiling at her. “I missed you too baby, so much. I hate not being here with you and…...…. And then when Emily called me and told me you were hurt...…… Tobes I can't live without you and the thought that I could’ve lost you I couldn't breathe….....” she said as tears rolled down her face and he instantly took her in his arms. “Hey hey it's alright I'm okay, a broken leg can't keep me down you know that.” He said trying to comfort her. “I should've been here with
you.” She cried. “You're here now, that's what matters.” He kissed the top of her head. “I’m so sorry Tobes.” He frowned and said “How many times do I have to tell you that you never have to say you're sorry.” He soothed as he continued to hold her rubbing her back. Once she finally calmed down a bit she spoke again “I’m going to get a job transfer back to Rosewood okay, I can't be hours away from you anymore, especially after today.” he looked at her with his bright blue eyes “Spence-” “Don't okay don't try to talk me out of this goofball I’m coming home to be with you okay, that was always the plan anyway I’m sorry I let my stupid work schedule get in the way of that and I promise you I won't let that happen again, YOU are my world okay Tobias? YOU are what's most important to me, not my job.” She stroked his cheek with his thumb. “Are you sure?” “Positive.” “Well then I'm behind you 100 percent. Welcome home baby.” He then passionately kissed her and after they pulled away for air he motioned for her to lay down with him. “I don’t want to hurt your leg.” She said hesitantly and he looked at her with his classic 'seriously Spence?’ Look “How many times do we have to go over this, you could never hurt me, now get over here.” He smiled and she happily crawled over to him and he pulled her close to him and she laid her head on his chest and he stroked her hair. “You know, I have a surprise for you actually.” He said nonchalantly. She smirked at him “Oh really? What? Tobes you know I hate surprises.” “Well I promise you that you are going to love this one.” She playfully rolled her eyes “And you always say that.” And he laughed and said “But I’m being serious about this one.” “Okay….” “I have been working on something for you and I was waiting for the perfect time to tell you and I guess this is it……. I have been working on building you a house, well us a house. For when you came back so that we could have our happy ending in the house of your dreams.” He said and Spencer was already crying and he quickly wiped her tears away with his thumb. “Toby, this is amazing I don't know what to say.” He smirked at her “See I told you that you would love it.” And they both laughed and she kissed him passionately.  “I love you so much, you know that right?” She asked and he nodded “I do, but I love you much more, and actually there's something else.” He said as he carefully reached over to the side table trying not to hurt his leg to grab a small black box. Spencer’s eyes instantly widened “Toby?” He smiled at her “Well the thing is, when I got in the accident, and I didn't really want to tell you this but I have to, I was actually on my way to pick you up and please don't blame yourself okay, I wanted to surprise you and take you to our spot where we would play Scrabble and I was going to give you this.” He held up the little box. “And that is?” She asked curiously and smiled at him even though she knew what it most likely was. “This,” he said as he opened the box to reveal a gorgeous white gold engagement ring with a Topaz stone.

“Was my mother's, and I know that she would want me to give it to the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with and I think we both know that woman is you

“Was my mother's, and I know that she would want me to give it to the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with and I think we both know that woman is you.” He finished as he took the ring out of the box and held it up, tears were already forming in Spencer's eyes. “Spencer Jill Hastings, Will you please do me the donor of becoming my wife?” Spencer nodded as tears were rolling down her face “Oui Toby mille fois oui!” (Yes Toby a thousand times yes!) “I was hoping you would say that.” He smiled as he slipped the ring onto her finger and then he passionately kissed his fiance.