Spoby Goes Horsecamping

Hey guys!

On March 28th, I had the wonderful pleasure of participating in the Spoby meeting room with Keegs and Troian and other Spoby fans as part of the Dream it virtual convention: Dream It at Home 9.

One of my friends from Twitter asked Treegan what their ideal date for Spoby would be and they both said that Spoby would go Horsecamping and discussed it a little and Troian was like "Why wasn't this in the show?! Someone write this!" And my amazing Baby Treegan sister Crissy said someone should write a Fanfiction about it and Keegs immediately said "BRITTANY!"

We discussed it a little more during our 1-on-1 conversation later that afternoon and he was so excited that I was going to be writing this, and now here it is! I hope that you all enjoy! 💙

(Set in Season 5)
‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

It was a nice Saturday afternoon in Rosewood, and after all of the extra stress that she's been under from -A lately, Spencer decided that she was in need of a distraction. She really needed a break, and who better to distract her than her safe place to land, her boyfriend. She had come up with the perfect idea and texted Toby who of course was on board with it, especially because he would do anything for her. 

Toby arrived at the house of Hastings in his truck and he then made his way to the door and knocked, within a few moments Spencer opened the door. "Hey you." Spencer said happily as she leaned in to kiss him softly, then they rested their foreheads against each other's for a second. "Hey, you know I love seeing you like this." Toby said. "Like what?" Spencer asked him. "Happy. It suits you. I've missed it." Toby said. "Yeah, well I finally accepted that you were right, we both need a distraction from worrying about -A trying to make our lives miserable." Spencer said. "Yeah, that's an understatement. I'm just glad that you decided to take me up on my offer to distract you." Toby said. "Of course I did, I'm just relieved that you were able to get away from work." Spencer said. "Hey, you come first, you know that. I was able to work it out with Tanner, it's fine. Now I don't want to talk about work either, tonight I just want us to focus on us. No worrying about any of the outside stuff." Toby said. "I love the sound of that." Spencer said as she smiled softly at him.
"So, horsecamping." Toby said and Spencer nodded. "Yeah, you ready?" She asked him. "Absolutely." Toby said. "Good. I do just want to say one more time that I'm glad that you're here, okay now we'll just fully be focusing on keeping ourselves distracted and enjoying our time together." Spencer said. "Alright, let's get going then." Toby said and Spencer nodded. "Yeah, and I couldn't be more ready." She said, smiling at him. "Why does that not surprise me?" Toby asked her. "Because you know me." Spencer said and Toby smiled softly at her. "Yes I do. Now, let's get going." He said and Spencer nodded in agreement, she then stepped outside and shut the door behind her, then Toby took her hand and led her to his truck and then he gently took her duffle bag from her shoulder and placed it in the back of the truck, and then they both got inside and Toby looked over at Spencer and they smiled softly at each other before he started his truck and then he pulled out of the driveway and they were off to their destination.
‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

The couple arrived at the stables that were on the outskirts of Rosewood, they each got out of Toby's truck and then they made their way over to the stables so that they could pick out their horses for their camping trip.

"We'll meet out in front of the stables after we've chosen our horses." Spencer said and Toby nodded, Spencer then smiled softly at him before kissing him quickly.

Then they went inside the stables and Spencer chose a Palomino, while Toby ended up having to go with a Clydesdale because there was nothing else left. Flash to a few minutes later, Toby walked outside of the stables with the Clydesdale and made his way over to Spencer who was already outside and standing next to the Palomino that she'd just chosen.