Prince Tobias Cavanaugh

Toby is a prince supposed to inherit the throne, but really they'd rather own a tiny bakery with Spencer.

Prompt from an online generator
‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

"Come on, we need to get back to the castle, and I have a meeting to prepare for." King Daniel Cavanaugh said to his son Toby, but he was known to the rest of the kingdom as Prince Tobias. "Actually Father, you can go on without me." Toby said calmly, he had other plans in mind. "And why won't you come home with me right now?" King Daniel asked him, and Toby could tell he was a little upset.

"I'll meet you back at the castle, I promise. But I really would like to stop by the bakery to pick something up." Toby said, hoping that his father wouldn't sense that anything suspicious was going on, and to his relief his father gave a sigh, and told him that he could go to the bakery, but he expected him to keep his word and meet him back at the castle later. "I will, I promise, thank you Father." Toby said, and after the King was out of sight Toby started his walk down to the little bakery in the Kingdom, where his unbeknownst to anyone else girlfriend Spencer Hastings worked, well she owned it, they have been together for almost a year and nobody knows, well except for Toby's best friend Emily who also works at the bakery.
‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

Toby walked into the bakery and he smiled softly to himself when he caught sight of Spencer working behind the counter, and after she finished with her customer she looked over and locked eyes with him, she smiled at him.

"Tobes." Spencer whispered softly so only he could hear her say his nickname as he made his way over to her. "What're you doing here? I thought you were going to be busy with the King today." She asked him curiously.

"I thought so too, but he is on his way back to the castle to prepare for a meeting, and I just had to come see you." Toby said and Spencer could feel herself start to blush a little. "Well I'm glad to see you." She said as she gave him a soft smile. "Not as glad as I am to see you, do you have a few minutes, so we can go somewhere private?" Toby asked her, the hope evident in his eyes, he needed some alone time with her, especially after the stressful morning he had with his Father. "Yeah of course, I'm sure that I can get Em to cover for me, just give me a few minutes." Spencer said as she smiled at him. "Of course, I'll just be right over there." Toby said as he smiled softly at her before kissing her cheek gently and then he walked over to sit at one of the tables, Spencer smiled softly to herself before going into the back to find Emily, who happily agreed to cover for Spencer so she could have some alone time with Toby, she was really rooting for the two of them, they were good together.

"Okay, I'm ready." Spencer said smiling softly at Toby as she walked over to him, she had taken her hair out of her ponytail and taken her apron off, and Toby couldn't help but smile at her. "Alright, then let's get out of here." He said as he gently grabbed her hand and they went outside, he was going to take her to their special spot, that nobody else in the Kingdom knows about, Toby's late mother, Queen Marion used to bring him to this place when he was a little boy, and it's basically become his private sanctuary to get away from the stress on being royalty, and then it became his spot with Spencer, he loved getting to share it with her, it was their little escape from the world.
‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

"You know this is exactly what I needed." Spencer said happily, she was wrapped up in Toby's arms, they were sitting on the bench by the small lake that was in the private spot, and they were also surrounded by flowers.

"Me too, I had a rough morning." Toby said before kissing her forehead gently. "You want to talk about it?" Spencer asked him. "Not particularly, I just want to focus on my beautiful girlfriend." Toby said and Spencer laughed softly. "I don't think I'll ever get tired of hearing you say that." She said. "Well good because I'm never going to stop saying it." Toby said as he stroked her hair gently. "Yeah I know that, except your father expects you to take over the throne." Spencer said as she looked down at their intertwined hands. "I don't want to be King Spence, you know that. I want to run the bakery with you, and I want to be with you, forever." Toby said as he cupped her face with his hands gently so that she was facing him again. "And I want that too, but Tobes you know that your father isn't going to be too happy when he finds out about our relationship, I mean you know that you can't hide it from him forever." Spencer said and Toby sighed. "Yeah I know, but I don't care about whatever he wants me to do, I'm a grown man and I can make my own decisions, and my choice is you." Toby said as he stroked her cheek gently and she smiled at him as she rested her forehead gently against his. "And you don't know how happy that makes me, but what about your father?" She asked him. "A part of me is hoping that he'll just be happy for me, like I know that my mom would be, but I don't want to talk about him right now, I want to focus on us." Toby said as he gently pulled her closer to him. "I like the sound of that." Spencer said smiling softly at him and then he leaned in and kissed her passionately and she smiled into the kiss and kissed him back passionately, everything was perfect, it was just the two of them, nobody else.