49- The Clock Strikes Twelve!

*A/N So I realized i mixed Nejri and Neyro up. I fixed any mistakes i could find but there may still be more. I'm super sorry for the massive update wait but i had major writers block. Also there will be 1 chapter and the prologue then this story will be over... Sadness. Anyhoo enjoy and thank you so much for reading!

Neyro stepped out from behind me dusting his hands off dramatically, his eyes scanned up and down my body narrowing as they moved. As his eyes moved back up to where my face was a smile broadened across his face nearly reaching his eyes.

“Perfect.” The word came out like a sigh, behind the curtain in the bulk of the room I could hear the frenzy raging on as people rushed around trying to find their outfit. The ball would be starting soon, although ‘technically’ it had already started. Raven and I would be the last to arrive entering just behind Oberon and Tatiana, it was symbolic apparently. I would just have to take their word for it, I wasn’t all that familiar with their special customs or events like this.

“Neyro! Where is the purple ribbon that goes with Halli’s dress?” Somebody shouted from behind the curtain.

Neyro jumped into action jogging around me and slipping out between the heavy drapes that kept me secluded. Glancing over my shoulder I was able to catch a glimpse of the utter chaos that was unfolding outside in the main room. Dear god it was a mess, people were running around every which way digging through piles of clothe searching for the parts of their outfits. Just watching them made my gut twist, the weight of what was happening crashed down around me and as the curtain fluttered back into place locking me back in a pocket of isolation I found it nerve wracking.

My hands tensed and my nails dug deep into my palms causing pain to shoot up my arms dragging my thoughts back down to earth. Shutting my eyes I inhaled deeply and counted backwards from ten exhaling on one, the tightness in my stomach loosened and the nausea faded a little. Not enough though, suddenly it was replaced by utter frustration. My eyes opened and I glared at the floor, I was more worried about the ball and being proper than I was about killing my own father. I seriously had some issues when it came to priorities in my life. 

“Dear goddess it is a war zone out there.” Neyro rushed back through the curtains sounding slightly out of breath as he came back to stand in front of me, “Alright, so it was requested that you not wear heels and personally I think it would be best. Now here,” he pulled out a pair of simple black flats for me, “Jhebret is waiting at the door for you, apparently you need to go to the courtyard and talk with the men about whatever.” That was right I needed to inform them of exactly who they were going to be fighting.

I took the flats from Neyro and dropped them to the floor so I could slip my feet into them.

“Thank you Neyro. If you see Raven, could you just tell him I’m with Jhebret.”

He stopped moving through some of the piles of fabrics and turned to look at me raising one of his eyebrows, “Do I look like a messenger?” He snapped.

“Please?” I tilted my head to the side trying my hardest for cute and innocent.

It didn’t accomplish that but he did smile and laugh softly, “Fine, alright. If I see him I’ll tell him. But I may not!” He shouted after me as I made my way through the side of the curtain making my around the edge of the busy room.

Men and women were tossing clothes all over the place fitting on corsets and other strange looking pieces of clothing that stuck to their dresses and tunics. The air around them shimmer and sparkled like a small fireworks show, Faeries… Oddly enough as I walked I found my eyes glancing upwards, part of me wondered if I did anything like that. The more I thought about it the more it bothered me and made me really want to know if I did have some cloud of glitter dangling over my head. I stopped near the door and gave my head a shake tossing my tightly curled hair so it bounced off my face. Not so much to clear my head but to shake away any potential sparkles.