5- I'm Allergic To Fairy-dust?

The wind pushed at my hair lifting it from my shoulders, after I had stitched my arm up crudely at best, I had helped myself to some of the Royal pain-in-my-ass’s clothes. Unsurprisingly they fit me pretty well, considering I was wearing a long white blouse and tight black pants I had found. Over all I was comfortable but felt weird not wearing any underwear. I pulled my knee’s tighter to my chest heaving a heavy sigh. I shut my eyes trying to allow the days events to wash away. What had I agreed to here? To stay until this ball, I just had to survive that long. Simple enough.

Well it would have been if I could reach my wolf, she normally was my logic when this kind of thing happened. She helped me through any situation, but there wasn’t a wolf inside of my head anymore. Just some lazy cat lounging around prancing through the shadows as if it was a wide green field filled with fluttering butterflies. I shut my eyes hoping for some rest, I knew I wouldn’t get it. Not with the clunking sound of these soldiers clomping clumsily around the courtyard. Raven barking orders at them like a vicious attack dog demanding me found at any cost. I smirked at his feeble attempts.

I doubted he would look on the roof at all, so for now I was safe. From him and the horrible curse I had placed on this place with my presence. I would admit to one thing, This ‘Avalon’ was a beautiful place. The lush green canopy stretched far as the eye could see bending and waving with the land. Mountains cropped into the reaching horizon, large, small and all of the above birds fluttered and glided through the clear air diving into the tree’s ether to emerge victorious or never to rise again. Smoke pillars rising from speckled areas that stretched far out. I barely could see the breaks in the canopy where villages may be.

“You think you’re clever don’t you?” I smirked turning my head to the side to look at Raven standing like a model hands ticked in his pockets the black blouse he had on earlier hung wide open fluttering in the air, his red hair loose twisting and curling around his face.

“You’ll die if I stay here you know” I whispered.

“Yeah, and I’ll die if you leave. So it doesn’t make much difference. But at least I can stretch out the inevitable with you here than without” He grumbled walking towards me.

“Optimistic Butterfly aren’t you?”

He sat down beside me holding his one knee to his flat chest looking out across the stretching jade forest.

“I take it you were that one kid that picked wings off of butterflies?” he hissed shooting a glare down at me.

“No,” I sighed shaking my turning to look back out over the forest, “I would never be so cruel as to rip the wings off of butterflies.”

An odd silence settled between us, odd in the way that all I could think of was killing him and escaping this hellhole. But this silence to me felt awkward, I had never been in an instance like this. Then again this man needed me to co-operate in any manor possible. I suppose he could have treated me worse than he had already, but there was that one lingering fact that he was using me to further his campaign.

“My father is curious why you were so focused on the blood?” his voice broke the silence shattering it like glass.

With a heavy sigh I glanced at him with an acid glare, he was oblivious to my figurative attack.

“I’m dirty, I get that.” I muttered angrily the muscles in my shoulders tightening.

“What the hell does that mean?” Raven snapped, He sounds upset? Maybe you should explain. I hissed inwardly at the voice urging the cat to turn to smoke.

I turned to look at him, “Everything my blood touches dies. My blood is dirty, filthy, vile, acidic, Deadly…” My tongue curled easily over the last word making his eyes grow wide then narrow very quickly.