23- Why Do I Feel Guilty? He Nearly Killed Me!

Raven tried to carry me; he now wore the wounds of that unfortunate mistake on his right cheek. I settled for piggybacking on Nejri, I so did not need to be carried like a princess. This way it felt friendlier, and less awkward.

It also ensured that Raven didn’t get all pissy. Jocey and Garret stayed at the house, I ensured them everything would be alright. That if Raven did ever do that, I would personally just kill him and suffer the insanity.

“So does daddy dearest know about where you scampered off to, after your great escape?” I mumbled rubbing my eyes as I opened my mouth in a long tired yawn.

Raven glanced back at me sourly as he led us through the forest back to the Fairy-gate-thingy… I didn’t know what it was really called, in this human world it was two willow tree’s that arched in the middle.

It was a near perfect arch to look at to, it was a wonder how I had never seen it before. There were two guards tucked up in the dangling swaying branches, they were dressed in dark brown tunics and little boots. They had visible wings, they looked like dragonfly wings to my eyes.

“No. Although he’s probably guessed it by now” Raven sighed closing his eyes.

“Ooh, Ravens gonna be in trouble!” I murmured smiling to myself.

He groaned, “If you had just allowed me to explain it back in Avalon we wouldn’t have to deal with this”

I rolled my eyes looking up at Nejri finding him doing the same thing, “You mean you wouldn’t have to be dealing with this?”

Raven stopped walking, his hands clenched at his side and his shoulders trembled. “Well Damnit could you not for once think of what you and your impulses do to me!”

I scoffed, “My impulses? Wasn’t it your impulse that ended us up in this damn spiral of suffering? Maybe the next time you get a choice go with the right one instead of the hasty one dumbass” I snapped at him as Nejri walked us past him heading back to the large weeping willows.

My eyes always grew wide as I came close to a Willow, I weakly will admit my favorite movie as a kid, aside from Beauty and the beast (Obvious reasons!), was Pocahontas. With Grandmother Willow, god I loved the entire premise of the story… Alright so at heart I was a gushy fourteen year old girl, sue me. Who hadn’t wanted to be a princess at one point or another in their life, hell even some guys have that dream.

But as we approached the two giant Willows with the Arch made of their dangling branches between them, my heart raced and my breath grew shallow. I was returning to Avalon by choice this time, I was choosing to go back and help save a world I didn’t owe anything to. Talk about impulses. 

“Will they let us through?” I murmured sliding from Nejris back, he turned to look over at me his hand holding my shoulder.

He shrugged his shoulders, “Grab him” two blurs shot from the Willow tree’s branches. Nejri Reacted like any guard would, he scooped me up into his arms and turned to look towards the danger. Nejri turned us to look back at Raven who was being tackled to the ground by the guards of the gate. 

“How come everybody else can do that but me?” I crossed my arms grumpily over my chest.

“Get the hell off of me!” Raven snapped at the men.

Nejri sighed and looked down at me giving me a light shake, “Should we help him?” He asked nodding towards Raven and his struggle with the guards.

I rolled my lips mulling over the idea of helping him, then weighing that against the idea of watching him struggle… I shook my head grinning widely.