10- The Fairy's First Mistake!

(Special Celebration of 10th chap, Ravens POV)

The lights had all vanished from around me plunging everything into an impenetrable darkness that left me gasping for air. I couldn’t see anything, I was trapped in this suffocating darkness. Then just as suddenly as it had happened, it was as if the lights had just snapped back on as if nothing had happened. 

I was sitting pressed against the wall my hands curled tightly around the soft red pillows. I watched Neyro who had dropped to his knee’s in the open curtain way, his hand clutching at his own chest as he cough and choked on air.

I stared at where Mila had lain a few moments earlier my eyes wide, she was… gone. I pushed to my feet scrambling across the useless array of pillows pushing past Neyro into the brightly lit room. Where the hell did she go? Damnit if the council members had seen that then what would they think? I had to find her or my Father would pay the price.

“Useless Mutt” I grumbled running out of the room.

She couldn’t just agree to come to my room then Neyro wouldn’t have walked in, this entire thing could have been avoided and she would be happily sated in my private room. Then she wouldn’t be able to leave. I had to get my guards searching for her, knowing her crafty places of hiding she could be anywhere including in the forest with all of the Banshee’s and other creatures that would chew her up.

“Raven, What just happened?” I looked to my right as Jhebret ran through the doorway his garrison following behind him.

They looked to have come straight from training sweat dripping down their faces and their clothes baggy and old. I spun around fully scanning the room for her, she had to be here somewhere.

“Mila, Have you seen her?” I snapped.

Jhebrets eyes narrowed and he cursed, “She’s gone?”

“We were interrupted and then the lights all went out” I ran my hand down my jaw cursing over and over again.

Neyro stumbled back out into the room his hand pressed to his forehead, “That was terrifying” He murmured.

Slowly his eyes rose to meet all of ours, “Why did you come in!” I shouted marching back over to him.

“She sounded upset, I wanted to make sure she didn’t either kill you or have you hurt her” He said standing up taller.

I glared at him, “She is none of your concern, I was so goddamn close”

“She is my concern, she is our future Tatiana. And all that you were close to was raping that poor girl!” He shouted back at me.

The rage boiled in his dark blue eyes as he glared down at me, “She is my mate-”

“And she ran from you” He finished narrowing his eyes.

I stepped away from him, “She is my Mate, and what I do with her is of nobody’s concern” I snapped.

I spun around to face Jhebret and his Garrison, “I want you all out there looking for her immediately, Tell every other Garrison to be on the move. I don’t know where she is or if she’s gotten into the forest. But I want her back here before my father notices” I said pacing past Jhebret and his men out into the long corridor hallway.

My legs had gone numb making my stumble, the fear still rode through my body. The power that she had was immense, it had blacked out the entire room. It robbed everything of light, and had shaken my palace. She was strong and I needed that in order to destroy this council, but once they saw her power she wouldn’t be safe for long.