31- Chuck Norris Is A Fairy?!

Raven pulled my heavy chair out for me, while the Greenman saw to Jevvinii’s seat. The men and women at the table did not pause in their conversations as we were seated. I liked that more than them all going quiet, it made it feel less like I was a model being judged on the way I blinked, and more like I was welcomed.

“Thank you.” I whispered under my breath as he tucked me in against the table before settling in his seat directly on the left of mine.

Jevvinii was sitting along the side of the table but within arm’s reach of me, per my request and I’m sure now even Raven wanted her safe. Tatiana and Oberon sat opposite Jevvinii, they both smiled and waved at her making blush creep over her small cheeks.

“Aye! If it isn’t little bird boy finally here to join us! What took so long?” One of the obviously now drunken men hollered making the room go quiet.

All eyes turned onto us and I fought to keep my façade up, Raven didn’t miss a heartbeat on these things. He gave an honest chuckle holding his hand up and keeping his head held high.

“I must apologize for my lateness, My daughter was being fitted for her evening dress and any of you here that have been tailored by Neyro know that can be a journey all on it's own.” They all laughed lightly save the councilors now dressed in heavy green cloaks their hoods laid back exposing their faces.

They looked more like death warmed over, not even a lip twitch to show amusement.

“Daughter? Busy boy, which of the maidens was it?”

I felt my spine stiffen, my jaw clenched and my hands tightened on the dress. Idiot, those laws only apply to our kind. My panther hissed at me.

“Oh-ho-ho, did anyone else see the lady tighten. She not know that you’ve been indulging yourself?”

“Mila?” Jevvinii’s soft voice made me jump, I turned and looked at her forcing a smile.

“No, Jevvinii is adopted. But that is a story for another time, why we are gathered here tonight is to begin the planning of our great solstice ball in less than three months away!” Raven raised his chalice filled with dark red wine into the air, the others followed suit even the councilors.

My eyes scanned down the table, and I had to do a few double takes on a couple of the guests. Raven sat back down setting his glass above his plate.

“Is something wrong Mila?” he asked leaning over to me while the other guests were busy filling their now empty glasses up.

I pointed to a rather buff rugged looking red headed man sitting near the middle of the table next the Greenman. He looked rather upset about something, his face seemed rather familiar.

“Is that… Chuck Norris?” I murmured pointing over towards the man.

Raven chuckled and nodded his head, “You’d be surprised how many celebrities are actually Fey, David Bowie, Houdini, Elvis, Chuck Norris, most of the pro wrestling federation. Snooki from Jersey Shore is part hob goblin.”

I snorted laughter, “You have to be kidding me?” I hissed looking at him.

“No, I’m quite serious. The fey have been travelling between The three courts and Gaea for as long as your kind could talk.” He said taking a sip of his wine.

“Is David Bowie, here?” I asked looking around the table.

“He normally arrives fashionably late. Why?”

I began to naw on my bottom lip, “I’ve always wanted to meet him.”

“Oh really?”

Pausing I turned to look at Raven, he was now sitting more forward on his chair leaning towards me.