38- Chasing Tails More than Monsters!

Ravens POV

I woke up with a weight pinning my arms to the bed, blankets lay strewn aimlessly over top of myself. The morning light was beginning to pour over the castle casting streams over the forest outside the balcony doors. I looked down at the weight on my arms finding Mila curled with her back to my chest. Her long dark hair lay in crinkled waves around her lightly tanned face.

With my free hand I gently brushed the hair from her cheek so I could see her, when she slept she looked so fragile like a glass doll or a forest nymph. A smile stretched across my face, I kissed her and she didn't try to kill me.

She had accepted it.

Very gently I pulled my arm out from under her watching her to make sure I didn't wake her up, that was the last thing I wanted to happen. She shifted in her sleep rolling over until she faced me, her right hand slid across the bed grabbing hold of my shirt loosely.

This was my only real comfort that she didn’t hate me, it seemed when she was unconscious she really needed me there. I laid my hand over top of hers, I really needed to get up and meet with my father about the issue.

If I left her here alone she would vanish on me and go after her father, there was no way in hell I was going to let her do that. To many times she had gone after the threat and come back half dead. I’ll be damned if that happens again.

“Mila.” I whispered gently brushing my knuckles along her cheek, her face twitched and she shifted again.

“Go away.” She grumbled turning her face into the pillow.

Rolling my eyes I leaned forward pulling her up into a sitting position, her eyes opened and she glared across the room at the bathroom archway. Then slowly her eyes turned to me and I watched her jaw clench, her hand still held onto my shirt but now she could use it as a way of hurting me rather than a comfort.

“You kissed me.” She growled through her teeth.

“Several times.” I smirked nodding my head watching blush race over her cheeks.

It had been one of my favourite things to do to her was make her blush because it made her look cute in a sense. But then she normally tried to beat the crap out of me…

“Why?”

“I wanted to, and you didn’t fight back.”

Her dark brown eyes flickered down to her hand still holding onto my shirt, her face bloomed a bright red and she quickly pulled away hugging her arms against her chest.

“I need to use the bathroom.” She whispered shuffling across the bed, I reached out wrapping my arms around her shoulders stopping her at the edge.

“You have five minutes, then we need to get to breakfast. My parents want to talk with us.” I released her and watched as she scurried off jumping down the winding staircase into the bathroom.

I shifted off the bed and moved over to the large dresser, I pulled the doors opened and grabbed a white blouse and black pants. They weren’t eccentric or over the top, just simple. Looking at the shirt I found myself smirking it was the shirt she had taken and worn, the only reason I knew was the fact that Neyro had stitched up the holes she put in it on the arms. Rolling my eyes I pulled it and made my way about getting dressed before she came back up from the bathroom.

When I had finished dressing I began to pace, she was doing this just to try and piss me off I knew she was. If we were late to breakfast my mother would have a fit and most likely try and blame it all rightfully on Mila, which I couldn’t let her do because I needed them to get along.