44- Willy He Make it, Bet He Won't!

It was days before the ball, only days. Raven had barely left my side since I had woken up and made my decision. The couple that had been there had avoided me like I was the plague, Neyro stalked me in every dark corner that scrawny Faery could fit himself into.

He was adamant on getting me up to his workshop to be fitted for a new dress, saying that the old one wasn’t good enough anymore. Honestly I did not care, I had been working on my own problems.

Like attending the execution of several of the council members who had been found guilty of assisting in the murder of several lords of noble status and relations to the High courts. The rest had been set free, save one, the only one that really mattered to me at all.

The same dirty bastard that dared lay his hands on Raven, to shame him, and make him feel disgusted with himself. Just thinking about it tightened every muscle in my body, blood lust made my vision hazy with a red mist.

Werlock had been isolated in the highest tower, chained to the wall, beaten, half starved, and it was all still to goddamn good for him. He was not a human being, he was not Faery, he was a creature of the lowest kind and should be put out of my misery.

I jogged my way up the stairwell changed from my riding clothes, which was actually a rather comfortable pair of tan pants that hugged my legs tightly, black leather knee high boots and a baggy white blouse with a white tank top underneath.

Now I was dressed in a floor length green dress, the neck hugged around my shoulders and was lined with stained green fur. It was long sleeved and was made from a rather soft but thick material.

In every hearth in the castle and now a few of the planters, fires were burning to fight off the stifling cold that had swept in. People were bustling around the castle getting everything ready for the ball, showing guests around to their rooms and to where they would be dinning. Every day at least twenty carriages showed up and Zenai received more friends to join her in her habitation out to the side.

I passed a couple of Northmen all dressed down in furs, their golden blonde hair was done up in high ponytails for the men and a honey comb style for the women. There were a couple of them here attending the ball and conference beforehand.

I smiled at them nodding my head as I turned left heading away from the stairwell that led to my bedroom, which is where I had told Raven I was going. He would no doubt go to check on me and find the room empty and then he would rampage until he found me again.

Inhaling deeply and glancing over my shoulder in both directions I slipped behind a heavy wooden door and made my quick ascension into the tower, my ears popped and the air grew heavy and frigid even more so than what I was used to.

Fighting to keep my teeth from chattering I made it to a window break in the stones, looking out I could see all across the tree canopy of the forest that surrounded Avalon’s castle. Smoke stakes plumed up signalling villages and little towns here and there.

In the farthest distance I could see the glimmer of water, making a mental note to make Raven take me there one day I turned away from the utterly breath taking image before me and made my way up more steps.

My thighs were burning and my lungs ached, I was not back to my full health yet not by a long shot. But the cheese at the end of my maze was too tempting to pass up, the only person who knew I was up here right now was Oberon. He had given me permission to do this one myself because it was personal, very personal.

Not only had he tortured Raven and made his life a living hell, but he had been the leader of the councilmen and made sure that the Royal family had suffered for as long as it did. Then he had the gall to torture me and threaten Jevvinii’s life. He was going to die slowly if I had anything to do about it, and I had a whole hell of a lot to do about it.