25- Lets Cinderella This Pocahontas!

Shock was not enough to describe what rang through my body tingling every nerve ending. Alarm, fear, anger, I couldn’t land on just one emotion, they all swirled like a pit of snakes in the bottom of my stomach.

I felt queasy and unstable all of a sudden. Reality snapped back slapping me in the face, I pushed him away and stumbled backwards collapsing to my knees.

“No” I whispered in a shaky uneven voice.

My hands curled into fists scraping my nails over the wooden floor, he didn’t move to touch me or help me up. A smart decision on his side, I wasn’t quite sure what I was going to do at the moment.

“Mila, we need to go and get you fitted for the dinner. Come on” Ravens voice was bland now, almost forced niceness. I looked up at him and shook my head pushing away, I wouldn’t go anywhere with him.

Raven groaned tossing his head back causing his red hair to shift atop his head, he shut his violet eyes tightly and pinched the bridge of his nose.

“We don’t have time for this Mila, please come with me and lets go and get this over and done with. If you don’t show up then you lose”

I looked up sharply at that, I wasn’t about to lose to Raven. Obviously my determination made him smile, he held his hand down to me and waited patiently as I took in a deep breath releasing it. When I opened my eyes I was ready to take his hand, my mind for the first time felt empty.

My panther had retreated in shock and my wolf lay dormant once more. Raven had successfully shocked the fight from my mind, damn he was good. I would have to be weary of him in the future.

He pulled me up and in against his side, which caused me to suck in a sharp breath of air cursing him under my breath out. He smirked wrapping his arm under my arm and around my waist resting his hand on my hip. I looked up at him and growled through my teeth, he gave a weak and somewhat sad smile.

“Jhebret could you escort us to Neyro’s just in case something happens like it always does” Raven sighed looking behind me to Jhebret.

He jogged past me and moved to the door pulling it open with one firm tug, Both Raven and I took in a deep breath before emerging into the stone hallway. We didn’t so much run as we speed walked all the way there, avoiding well used hallways trying to stay out of Oberon’s path or a council members.

We made it Neyro’s in record time for me, mostly because I used to wander on my own and ended up getting lost in the twisting turning maze that is this castle.

We stood outside the tall wooden doors and waited as Jhebret knocked for the fourth time. He went to knock again and the doors opened and Neyro glared out staring right at me. Raven looked from Neyro to me then back at Neyro obviously not understanding the sudden hostility.

“I’ll play the game Neyro, I promise” I said leaning towards him outstretching my hand.

He looked from my face to my hand skeptically before he groaned taking it and shaking.

“You better not be lying or I swear you’ll be naked for the rest of your life”

I shrugged my shoulders, “Won’t bother me, Its everybody else that’ll have the problem” I grinned at him.

Slowly I watched his eyes travel up my legs catch Ravens hand and then follow it up to my face again.

“Did something else happen?” He asked opening his doors for us.

We all walked through and I immediately tried to pull away from Raven and found his grip to tight. A small panic filled me and I glanced at him unsure of what he was doing.