39- Sorry, We're Fresh Out of Happily Ever Afters!

Considerate my ass, I also just didn’t need them to see how bad my father really was. The Queen already hated my guts, but if she got one look at the monster my father could really be then I had no doubt she would try and have me killed.

Raven and his father seemed to be mis-interpreting what I was trying to do. My dad was the kind of guy who would go after every guy with a shot gun because he didn’t like them, and I so did not need him killing Raven because I was dating him… I stopped walking and felt my chest constrict. My Panther chortled in my head as I realized what I had just thought. Dating… nope I didn’t like it.

I glanced at Raven who had stopped walking and turned to look at me, I shared a room with him, he took me on ‘dates’, bought me nice things, we kissed… Well hell I was dating the Faery prince.

“Damnit.” I cursed under my breath dropping my head, why did the gods have to torture me so.

“What?” he asked stepping closer, and just to force the notion into my head my body relaxed and I actually leaned closer to him.

“Fuck!” I groaned tossing my head back.

Ravens violet eyes went wide and he leaned to the side as he watched me spin around pressing my hands to my forehead. I looked like a lunatic but I didn’t care, I was fighting with the word Dating now.

“Mila?” He grabbed my shoulders stopping me from spinning more.

“What!” I shouted without meaning to.

“Would you calm down, what’s wrong?” he leaned closer and I felt my cheeks heat.

I tossed my head back and shouted, “Gah!”

“Do I need to get Jhebret?” He offered taking hold of my hand.

“Are we dating?” The words blurted from mouth before I could rationalize with myself.

The air around us froze and Ravens face slacked in shock, he stood up taller and looked around obviously unsure himself of the answer.

“Dating?” he murmured it under his breath.

“Aha! See-” I shouted.

He cut me off with his answer, “Yes, we are.”

All air left my lungs and I nearly collapsed, the word clicked into place and I was filled with a sensation of dread. I was willingly dating Tinkerbell. Crap.

“My father’s going to kill you…” I whispered shutting my eyes.

“We’ve gone over this, he isn’t going to kill me.” Raven sighed shaking his head lifting my face to look at him, “Alright, don’t worry about it right now. What we need to worry about is the Ball which is now just under a month away.”

“That soon?” I said shaking my head, “Do I have to really participate in it?”

He nodded his head gravely, “You kinda do, seeing as how the ball is for you.” He chuckled shaking his head.

“Part of it? You have to be kidding me!” I groaned tossing my head back.

Raven linked arms with me and gave a small tug to get us walking again, “I wouldn’t joke about making you dance in large crowds.” He sighed looking down at me.

I glared at my feet and pouted, “Large crowds… I need a lunar calendar.” Raven stepped around to stand in front of me so I ended up staring at our feet toe to toe. Either I had really big feet or Raven had small feet, crossing my fingers I hoped it was just the fairy in him that made his feet small.