21- Cupcakes, Conspiracies, And Curing Kisses?

Jocey was pacing in the backyard in small lines back and forth her head down and a small phone in her hands. Nejri stood on the patio his shoulder taught as he talked with Garret who looked ready to skin somebody alive. I knew that look because I was the only person who was able to get that look from him. Nejri turned slowly to look at Raven and I as we moved from the tree’s onto the grass.

His yellow eyes locked on Raven and narrowed dangerously, “Get your goddamned hands off of her!” He snarled moving out across to us.

Jocey looked up and a dark and dangerous look covered her face, Garret moved out quickly catching her arm slowing her down. Raven ignored all of them and continued forward, my head hurt like a bitch. As long as they didn’t start shouting at me or near me I would be alright. At least the pain tremors and breaking bones had stopped, Now it was just small pains and passing numb spots.

“What are you doing here? Oberon promised us at least two days Grace” Nejri hissed moving up towards us.

“Really?” Raven didn’t sound surprised.

Nejri growled his eyes narrowing dangerously again, “You are supposed to be locked in the darkest damn dungeon Avalon has to offer. How the hell did you get out?”

I looked up at Raven, “I’m more than a pretty face. Being the son of the current Oberon, I’ve been held as a hostage before. Escaping dark, dirty places isn’t new to me” My eyes widened, that surprised me I had assumed that he had lived a charmed life. I hadn’t even considered the fact that because of who he was would put him in the line of danger.

“You’re killing Mila, because you got lonely!” Nejri snapped a vein in the side of his head throbbing, his voice was becoming twisted as his hold on his feral side slipped.

“Nejri. Back. Down” I hissed, “It was Kadev’s crazy ass Sister.”

Nejri looked down at me and frowned, “A conspiracy?” He murmured.

I nodded my head, “Yeah” With a heavy sigh I felt my Wolf lunge out at me.

Garret walked over his hand wrapped tightly in Jocey’s, “You better be able to explain why Mila came to us dying.”

“I will after I have her settled somewhere safe, and comfortable” Raven met Garrets eyes.

In a small moment of clarity I realized why I was hostile to Raven, to my wolf he was another Alpha. If he had been a Wolf like Garret then he would have been able to order me around. My jaw tightened angrily my teeth grinding together so tightly that I thought my jaw was going to break.

“We can take her to my room” Jocey said stepping forward.

Garret didn’t make a move to stop her, instead he kept his eyes locked on Raven. It was not a friendly look either, I had thought for the longest time I was the only person alive that could force such a glare from Garret. But here I was being upstaged by Tinkerbell again.

“Follow me, and if you drop her I’ll kill you” Jocey snapped turning on her heal her sundress twirling around her legs as she marched off inside of the lodge house.

Nejri followed very close behind Raven leaving Garret to bring up the back, I knew in his mind he was thinking that if either Raven or Nejri attempted to hurt Jocey he could easily tear through us all to save her. But I doubted that would work, to start Nejri and Raven had grown up surrounded by a forest filled with nightmares. They trained everyday to fight, and Nejri also had the extra power from our Familiar deal. He would heal quicker as long as I was alive.

Jocey’s room was on the second floor and at the very left end of the hallway so the side window looked out at the forest on the left side of the lodge. When you first walked in her queen size bed was to the right underneath the window that looked out to the forest. Directly across from the door was a double sliding closet door then on the left wall was a brass handled door that led into her bathroom.