22- I Need A Lawyer, I Want That In Writing!

Raven and Garret came back with boxes of cupcakes and muffins for us all to enjoy, and just as promised Jocey had Raven doing everything. He made tea for us to enjoy he even set up the fire as the night wore on, we all sat in the front room playing with cards. I was still physically weak, and it was hard for me to even sit up much less play with cards.

I ended up curling up in front of the fire watching everybody inter act just how I used too. And for a moment I could pretend that everything was normal again, that I would close my eyes and wake to having orders barked at me.

But when I looked at Raven struggling to understand the card games, and Nejri having to help him as Garret and Jocey plotted against both men. I couldn’t help but like this reality better.

“Uno!” Jocey shouted out raising one card in the air.

Ravens eyes went wide and he looked down at his hand with only two cards left. I sighed pushing up onto my knees and shuffling over to him. He was hopeless really he was without me there to help. I leaned in next to him looking at the two cards.

He had a red 1 and a pick up four. He needed somebody to reverse the order so he could slap Jocey with his pick up four.

“Put that one down first” I murmured in his ear.

He nearly jumped out of his skin, “Jesus Christ, don’t sneak up on me like that” He hissed at me.

I pointed to his red card again, “Put that one down then call out Uno” I murmured again.

“Why?” He asked looking at the card.

“Trust me would you, I’ve been kicking ass at this game since I was ten.”

He sighed and placed down the red 1 card over top of the blue 1 card changing the colors. He murmured Uno almost nervously looking around at everybody. Nejri cursed him out and just as expected placed the reverse in red over top of Ravens card.

“Now put that one down and you win” I said sitting back.

He glanced at me and frowned, “But the color doesn’t match” He hissed at me.

I moaned rolling my eyes, “Put the card down Ra”

He hesitantly placed it on top and watched their faces fall, all eyes turned to me playful glares.

“No fair! He had help” Jocey whined.

I shrugged my shoulders, “You guys didn’t explain to him what cards did. Listen Raven when you get a card like this, that has plus four or plus two, or even the flag with four colors place it down no matter what. With the flag one though you call out a color, pick a color that you have more cards of though” He nodded his head and looked over at me.

“You should be sleeping” Nejri said standing up.

I looked up at him and very slowly he sat back down again reaching over and grabbing the cards, “I’m fine, I swear you treat me like glass I’ll hurt you” I snapped at them shuffling back over to the fire.

“Where’s Mila’s father?” Ravens voice sounded quiet, almost afraid.

He had kidnapped me, I guess he expected my father to be a raging lunatic by now. Especially seeing as how he nearly put me in the grave.

“Like anybody cares” I huffed pulling the knitted grey blanket tighter around my shoulders.

“Her father was upset that she had been taken, he set out taking quite a few of my members in order to hunt you down” Garret sighed.

The cards were shuffled in the background making the flipping sound.

“Seriously, he’s picking now to be the dad? What the fuck” I spat opening my eyes to glare out across the floor.