28

chapter 28

It'd been 2 weeks since Caroline's father had died and caroline hadn't talked to anyone besides Stefan and her mother neither had caroline left her house

She had been attempting, once in a blue moon, to contact Katherine but all caroline could think of was her father, and a certain hybrid.

Caroline had wanted to turn it off, so badly she did, but Stefan had kept her from doing, assuring her he would be there and pulling her back to the light.

That was nice for caroline. It was nice to have a constant in such a changing world.

The funeral had been small and only a few close friends attended. Caroline had been ignoring Klaus since that night. He was a constant reminder of what happened, and even if deep down she knew it wasn't his fault that didn't stop her from desperately wanting to blame him. Twice he had come over and tried to talk, Her excuse always being same, 'I'm tired'

Though really caroline was trying to sort out her feelings for the hybrid. She felt something so strong it scared her. Caroline couldn't get hurt, not again, she couldn't risk giving him her everything and Klaus not feeling the same.

And so she pretended they'd never been close. Never kissed. She pretended his touch didn't send shock waves and shivers up into her spine. She pretended whenever he called her 'love' that butterflies didn't swarm in her stomach. She pretended she didn't want him. Didn't crave him. Didn't need him.

Sighing caroline shook Klaus out of her head and focused on the man in front of her, Stefan.

"Caroline, you're my sober sponsor, always there to pull me back and I am not going to let you turn it off." Stefan stroked her head as the news blared from the TV.

"I just hate feeling weak. I hate feeling like I'm the pathetic girl I was as a human." Caroline spoke with tears as her hand laid against his.

"You aren't like that anymore Care. You are strong and the most caring person I've ever met, I know your grieving but caroline you need to pull yourself together. Your dad wouldn't have wanted this. He wouldn't have wanted you to wallow. During your teen years, he'd want you to have fun, live your life in his memory" Stefan said slowly, trying not to startle the girl

"You're right." Caroline said, wiping her eyes and putting on her best smile, "I'm gonna go out and have some fun. Get my mind off things. Get drunk and be the 19-year old I am!"

Stefan sighed, he knew caroline was really using this excuse to get drunk and forget about the man who was always running her mind.

Klaus.