8

chapter 8

Klaus groaned as he walked into his mansion. Kol and Rebekah had finally agreed to stay at his house after his 'we could be a happy family' speech.

Walking swiftly to his studio Klaus thought about the night's events.

He BIT her.

"Bloody hell!" Klaus shouted as he punched a hole in the wall with an aggravated shout.

"What's all this ruckus about brother?" A formal voice said.

"Elijah? You've finally done us the pleasure of coming around!" Klaus said sarcastically

"What has you so upset?" Elijah asked, leaning on the doorframe with his hands crossed against his chest.

"It's none of your bloody concern." He yelled, getting in Elijah's face threateningly.

"I am not scared of this childish behavior," Elijah said calmly

"Perhaps you should be," Klaus said, moving away from him and towards his paintbrush stand.

-

Caroline groaned on Elena's bed as her bite grew. Her eyes were sprouting fresh tears at the pain as her best friend, Stefan, fed her blood from a bag. Her body was shaking from pain and she didn't know what to do.

"I found it! I found a cure!" Bonnie yelled, running towards caroline and panting. Showing the page in her spellbook she spoke, "Only the blood of the original hybrid can cure a vampires bite. We need Klaus!"

Damon stroked Caroline's hand in a friendly way as he said, "He bit her! There is no way he's going to save her!"

"Give me my phone," Caroline said, causing Elena to hand her the blue phone. Caroline typed a phone number in quickly, "Bekah?" She asked through the speaker

"Hello, Caroline!" Bekah's sassy voice came

"I need you to bring Klaus over to the Gilbert house. I've been bitten."

"Oh my god of course!" Rebekah hung up the phone and caroline only prayed Klaus would come.

-

It'd been an hour since Carine had gotten bite and Neither Tyler, her boyfriend, or Klaus, the cure, had come to Caroline's aid.

Finally, a knock came and Elena went down to answer it, "Hello..." Elena stopped talking as she saw who was there.

Klaus stood in the door, his body practically shaking in rage, but not at Elena, at himself.

"You can come in, but only if you leave right after helping caroline." Elena glared at him as he raced up the stairs.

"Everyone out." Klaus hollered, causing-after a few objections- everyone to leave.

"Klaus." Caroline smiled weakly as she adjusted herself so her body was sitting upwards and towards him. The bite had spread past her shoulder and up into her neck.

Klaus had felt an emotion he hadn't felt in decades. Regret. He couldn't understand why he had hurt such an angel. Such a gorgeous woman full of light.

Biting his wrist he moved himself to be cradling her back against his toned, defined chest.

Her smaller fangs didn't even pierce the skin as she put them in the pre-made holes. Caroline drank the honey-sweet nectar which was his blood. Detaching her fangs caroline felt the werewolf bite absorb back into itself.

"Klaus I was trying to be your friend. Stop pushing me away because I'm not leaving." Caroline spoke after a moment of comfortable silence.

"It's what I do love. I'm dangerous. I'm not good for you." He mumbled in her ear.

"I get to decide that." Caroline turned her body towards his as they talked. Lips barely apart caroline felt her breath hitch in her throat.  Caroline moved closer.

Until the door popped open and Klaus rushed out, leaving a beaded necklace that was previously on his neck and a note.

'As a promise of making it up to you'

-Klaus

Tyler walked in the room and caroline hid both the necklace and note under her thigh. She didn't want him to see. She liked it being their little secret. A secret for only Klaus and her to know of.