13

chapter 13

"Caroline?" An angry voice said that was becoming all too familiar to caroline.

"Go away Hayley," grumbled caroline, lifting her head up to match her vision line.

"I can't believe you've already moved on. You really are an easy lay Care." Tyler yelled at her, caroline knew he was using rage to cover up the fact he was hurt. But she still couldn't believe he used her insecurities against her.

Getting up from Caroline Klaus moved protectively in front of her. "I think both of you need to leave before I make you." Klaus threatened, watching as Caroline's breathing slow down and calming.

"Whatever," Hayley rolled her eyes as Tyler flashed the pair away.

Caroline wiped her tears away and stood up, "I need to go. My friends are probably worried." Caroline said, nerves ablaze. Caroline wasn't scared of him. She was scared of herself around him. Scared of how she would act and how she would feel.

"Friday. We are leaving Friday." Klaus spoke confidently and in an almost demanding tone. He wanted to leave with her. He wanted to help her

"Sir yes sir," caroline said while laughing and wiping away loose tears, she quickly added "But this is our secret. No one can know about our secret friendship!" Caroline scrunched her nose up to prove her point as she turned on her heels and started walking.

'She's going to be the death of me' Klaus thought while watching her beautiful figure speed off towards the forest.

-

Stefan, Elena, and Bonnie sat on the couch as caroline sheepishly walked into the Boarding House.

"Care where the hell were you?" Stefan yelled, clearly worried about his best friend coming over an hour later than agreed upon.

"I-I um... I found Tyler. And he was cheating on me." Caroline broke down in tears and Damon was the first one to come over. He patted her head softly and whispered, "It'll be okay Blondie, I'll kick his ass for you"

Caroline nodded and hugged Stefan, Bonnie, and Elena.

After a minute of comforting caroline, the group reconvened in the main area. Caroline sat with her head laid on Stefan's shoulder and Elena and Bonnie sat snug against the couch. Damon was pouring him and caroline a glass of blood as they discussed what was being planned.

"From what I heard Klaus turned Tyler into a hybrid, like himself, only not as powerful of course since he's like the original and everything..." caroline ranted until receiving stares for her to continue, "But the only way for his creatures to survive is Elena's blood, they need to feed off of it."

"Damn Blondie who knew you were such the little eavesdropper," Damon said with a smirk, clearly proud of her snooping skills.

Caroline smiled brightly as her phone buzzed from a group chat email.

Mrs. Smith: The dates are being scheduled for the carnival on Friday. Have fun ladies and be safe!

Elena, Bonnie, and Caroline made eye contact and they knew what was going to happen.

They were about to have a girls' night to get ready.