7

chapter 7

Caroline walked outside into the chilly air to take a breath. Caroline sat down on the porch and fiddled with her fingers. Elena has just got robbed of a syringe full of her blood and caroline needed a breather.

The last thing she expected was to see a brilliant man standing in front of her. Dirty blonde waves sat atop his head and his brilliant blue eyes shined. Caroline recognized him as Klaus and immediately felt anger sizzle.

"Why did your brother just attack us!" Caroline shouted, stomping her feet as she walked right up close to him. Her head-turning up towards his, meeting his eyes with hers.

Klaus looked defensive as he spoke, his stance was rigid and structured, "That's none of your concern love." He tried to speak gently but he was irate at her inserting herself in his plans.

"You made it my business when- oh I don't know your little brother stuck a syringe in my friend!" Caroline yelled, furrowing her eyes brows and scrunching her nose, her lips easing themselves into a pout.

If Klaus wasn't so angry he probably would have noticed how adorable she looked. That was until she put her fingers on his chest, pointing sternly. A shiver ran through Klaus and caroline at the contact. Klaus instinctively grabbed her finger hard enough to break it, though when he saw her pained face he loosened up immediately.

Caroline felt tingles start at her toes and blossom all throughout her body as his hand on hers. It was the most amazing feeling she'd ever felt and she never wanted it to end.

"You do not touch me. I have ripped others heads off for so much as a look in my direction. What makes you think you're so different?" He growled into her ear, his body snug against hers.

Caroline gulped a lump of fear and stared into his eyes, "Because you don't scare me."

"I should love, I'm a monster, a cold-blooded killer." Klaus signed his words with a wind stream of hot sticky air that he spewed into her ear.

Caroline wasn't backing down, no matter how turned on she was, "Why do you try so hard to hide behind that lie. You aren't a monster, and even if you where you can change! "

Klaus took a step back and stared into her soul, a dark smirk playing in his lips. In a swift moment Klaus but Caroline's shoulder with his werewolf teeth.

Caroline gasped and took a stumble back, walking into the post on Elena's deck, "W-Why would you do that?" Caroline asked while biting her lip in pure pain.

"Because I am a bloody monster," Klaus growled and sped away.

He ran away from the one thing he cared about.