27

chapter 27

Nadia walked briskly toward caroline and placed her hand on Caroline's and closed her own eyes.

"Before he comes let me keep up my end of the deal and show you all he has done," Nadia stated as she showed her the visions.

--

Caroline watched as Klaus brutally stabbed Katherine's father. He ripped the heart out of her mother and beat her siblings.

Caroline knew he had done awful things. But the look in his eyes is what shook caroline to her core. His eyes held nothing but pure rage, it wasn't the usually cool and collected look he held or even the look of vulnerability that was usually reserved for caroline, and that scared her.

"Klaus, Klaus it's okay!" Caroline tried to shout, attempting to grab his hand only for it to go right through, her insides twisting as she realized she couldn't help him

Suddenly the vision faded and caroline was in front of three circles of fire.

A girl that looked starkly like Katherine, an older woman, and a young girl that looked around 18 where trapped in the fire.

She watched wide-eyed as Klaus grabbed the Elena- look- alike and poured her blood onto a rock.

The younger girl was next, he brutally pinned her to a tree as she wept and pleaded.

"Please! Please I have a mom and a dad and a little sister! Please don't hurt me, I have my whole life ahead." The blonde girl sobbed

Klaus looked unfazed and simply staked her, the younger girl turning grey and stone.

The older woman made a plead as well but Klaus shut her up with ripping out her heart.

Caroline backed away.

Klaus couldn't be like this.

Could he?

Caroline awoke as Nadia smirked and said, "Not so redeemable after all?"

The door opened and Klaus barged through, growling loudly as he broke down doors. Caroline thought fast as she looked at Nadia, "Nadia I can save us both, I promise you I will find a way to get Katherine but neither of us needs to get hurt." As much as Nadia has hurt caroline the blonde didn't think she deserved to die, even if she desperately wanted her to pay for killing her dad. Nadia simply wanted her mother, and caroline wanted to help her.

Nadia, for the first time since she saw Caroline, looked scared, "How?"

"Stay here and untie me, I'll go find Klaus and say I beat you, no one else needs to die today." Caroline pleaded, making eye contact with her dead father.

Nadia nodded and in the blink of an eye, Caroline's ropes were off and Nadia had vanished. The door was ripped open and a very disgruntled Klaus was there, looking like he hadn't slept in weeks.

Caroline wanted to run into his arms, she wanted to kiss his lips with the promise to travel the world. But maybe he was the monster he painted himself as.

Caroline watched as he approached her and lifted her up, wrapping his arms around her sternly, though the minute his hands touched her caroline melted. He wasn't evil, yes he had done things in the past and Caroline wasn't going to let that go until she properly talked to him, but he was redeemable. Caroline has decided long ago she wouldn't pass judgment till she got to know him, and now that she had, she saw a light in him. Yes, the light was shrouded by darkness but there was a light nonetheless and caroline knew as long as there was light there was hope. He could be change, he could be better.

"M-my, dad." Caroline cried into his shoulder, watching as his eyes darted to the white-clothed body and his hands rubbed her hair.

"Love..." He trailed off, holding her tighter, more protective.

"I don't want to talk about it, not until he's buried."

Klaus simply nodded.

-

Double update because I wanna ease y'all into the new schedule!