10

chapter 10

Caroline looked at Klaus fuming. Her boyfriend had just tried to kill her and something in her just knew it had to do with the big bad original hybrid. Crossing her arms defiantly she looked straight in Klaus's eyes and said, "Klaus what did you do?"

Klaus looked at her with his own fiery
stare, getting close to her and breathing softly on her lips, "I made him new and improved." Caroline felt a shock rise in her at how good his breath on her lips made her feel.

Shivering she backed away a hair and stared at him, "You turned him into a monster." At Klaus's murderous look Caroline took a step back.

"I made it so he didn't have to change. Everything I do is never going to be enough is it caroline? You will always choose that mutt." Klaus growled at her, moving his face into her ear and whispering a quiet, "But he'll never love you as you love him."

Caroline felt tears well up in her eyes as she raised her hand and smacked him. Caroline took his moment of hesitation to turn away, "You don't know him! We love each other!"

"You speak of a love you know nothing of. Did you know dear caroline that he brought a wolf pack to town? Or that he's taken a liking to a specific one named Hayley? You think you love this child but you merely are in love with the idea of love." He yelled the entire speech in her face as tears silently rolled down hers.

Caroline looked him in the eye and raised her hand, ready to slap him, only for him to grab it and twist it gingerly. "I should kill you for laying a hand on me." He growled again, reluctantly letting go and releasing her hand.

"Everyone told me you were a monster! Everyone! They all said you'd use me for your own gain then throw me away! I didn't want to believe them because I believe there is good in everyone, especially you Klaus. I know you have humanity left but you shut people out and cause everyone pain. You bite me, your only friend in mystic falls, you dagger your siblings, and oh yeah you hurt innocent people! I can't keep bending my morals for you! I feel something for you, Klaus! Okay! But any chance we had is gone. Our friendship is gone!" She shouted, taking a step back and ripping his beaded necklace off her neck and throwing it at the ground, "I'm done, Klaus."

And she sped away, leaving a regretful Klaus in her path.

-

Caroline lay in her bed and sobbed, tears covering her pale complexion. Her hands trembled as she held a photo of her and Tyler in one hand and the note Klaus had written to her in the other

She felt drawn to Klaus. And she hated it. She hated how good he made her feel whenever his cold touch pressed against her warm one. She hated how he made her undead heart leap and how he made her cheeks heat up. She hated him.

Sobbing softly caroline grabbed her phone and called Stefan, "Klaus has Tyler."

"We'll get him back I promise. Come to the boarding house and we'll come how with a plan, it will all be alright caroline I promise."

Caroline nodded at his calming voice and agreed, silently hanging up and walking to the bathroom. She fixed her makeup and washed off any running mascara.

And then she went to the boarding house.