Chapter 32

Date: 30/4/2020

AN: This is long one

___________________________________________________________________________

Kongpob found himself pacing outside the operation theatre at nearly 8:00 pm that same night. It had been about thirty minutes since he had seen the nurses trolley his mate away to the operation theatre. Thirty nerve-wracking minutes since the Alpha had smiled and placed a kiss on Arthit's forehead, promising that everything would be perfect. Tew and Knott were sitting on the uncomfortable metal chairs, cuddled together just waiting. Wayo, too anxious about the whole thing, had almost run out of the place with the excuse of getting everyone some coffee.

As promised Dr.K had come in and explained the situation completely about an hour or so after the talk on the phone. He had assured the couple that this was standard procedure for such cases and that he would do his best. Kongpob and Arthit felt themselves calm down considerably after Dr.K's visit. Somehow, just seeing and listening to the doctor had soothed their worries to some extent. And so around 7:30 pm, Arthit had been prepped and taken away for the caesarean.

Arthit's brain was muddled and his thought process was all over the place as he was rolled into the chilly operation theatre for what was going to be an epic day of his life. He wanted to ask the doctors an indefinite number of questions but he was unable to form any coherent words. At some point, he knew certain doctors had asked him a few questions. He realized he must have answered as no one was nagging him much.

The pregnant Omega was lying there taking in the blur of activity around him, without being able to make any sense of anything. The good thing of all the organized chaos was that Arthit's mind was trying to observe and was in turn prevented of thinking about the fear within him. It was when Dr.K arrived with the head anesthetist that the real thing went underway.

Arthit was almost in an unconscious state about half an hour later, but he was indeed aware of the talk going on around him. The doctors inquiring about medical history and how the blood pressure levels should be managed. The Omega was barely able to stay awake, although he had only been numbed waist down. It supposedly was important that the Omega had his wits about him throughout the surgery. Dr.K kept asking Arthit if he was comfortable and the Omega made some noises. The doctor then said that if Arthit wanted he could sleep.

Arthit didn't know how long had passed, he had no sense of time after all, but what was unmistakable was a screeching and hiccupping cry. Arthit, whose mind had gone blank, didn't realize that tears started streaking down his eyes. He was taking in the first cries of his baby and he didn't know how to feel. Emotions were overwhelming at this point, so much so that he had almost forgotten he had another baby in his belly.

"Did you hear that nong!?? That's a beautiful baby girl!" Dr.K's voices drifted at Arthit. Arthit couldn't say anything even as the doctor showed him a glimpse of his baby. All he could think of was, "It's a girl! A girl! Kongpob wanted a girl! A baby girl. My babygirl. Our angel!"

Arthit's thoughts were interrupted when Dr.K said, "Now fingers crossed that the second girl comes out kicking and screaming as well..!" The Omega found himself letting go of the breath he didn't know he was holding. He silently started sending prayers to every god he knew. It had been several long minutes but the quiet in the operation theatre was palpable. A few seconds later, Arthit heard hushed voices at the back. He tried lifting his head up to see what was happening. He didn't hear his baby cry, so far. Where was she? What happened was she okay? Thousands of questions filled his mind but all he could do was wait, unable to have the strength to talk or gesture. That is when he heard a tiny hiccupping cry. It was far away and oh so faint but Arthit heard it loud and clear. It was nowhere near as strong as his first baby's but it was still a sound, it was still a breath.