Chapter 31

Date: 30/4/2020

AN: Some serious things now..

_______________________________________________________________________________

This is how an hour later, Kongpob found himself sitting beside his Phii in the hospital. When Wayo and Kongpob had brought in Arthit and set him up in a room, Dr.Daow was there. Dr. Daow had swiftly taken the vitals and sent for the blood-work to be done. She had assured the trio that Dr.K had updated her on the situation and he had left precise instructions. Kongpob had thanked her and Wayo had followed her out so he could know what had to be done next.

Kongpob was smoothing the hair on Arthit's forehead when Wayo came in smiling.

Arthit smiled back, "So, P'Yo, what's going to happen now?" The pregnant Omega had been informed about his blood-pressure issue but not what the doctors were planning now. Arthit surprisingly was not panicking much, maybe it was because he didn't actually understand the gravity of the situation or maybe it was because he trusted the people around him with all his heart. The pregnant Omega sincerely hoped it was the latter.

Wayo smiled as he took the small stool beside the bed, "We wait for P'Pha..I mean Dr.K. He will decide what needs to be done next."

Arthit couldn't help but smirk at their friend, "You know, it is okay if you call him Phii, in front of us.."

Wayo suddenly turned red and he slapped at the lying man mockingly. All three of them chuckled at laugh at the teasing banter. It helped to lighten the mood anyway.

It was several minutes later that Arthit suddenly asked completely serious, "Tell me Phii, what is going to happen now? I know you know.."

Wayo swallowed even as Kongpob waited with bated breath. Wayo stretched his hand to gently rest it on Arthit's belly. He smiled as he felt a light kick. "Are they being too naughty? Do you feel like there's a football match going on in there?"

Arthit shook his head, "They have always been energetic, it doesn't feel anything different.."

Wayo sighed. He had sensed maybe a couple of kicks in these few minutes, especially when Arthit took in a deep breath. That was okay, it didn't look like the babies were too uncomfortable but this was a very unscientific diagnosis.

"That is good. Well, it all depends on what the blood test shows. If there are already changes taking place, we will have to make critical decisions. That means, Dr.K will probably decide to do an emergency C-section and get the babies out as safely as he can."

Arthit instinctively wrapped an around his belly, eyes wide, "Now? But..but..it's not time yet.."

Wayo blinked and smiled gently, "That will happen only if your tests are not as normal as they should be. I have never ever seen P'Pha taking unnecessary risks but he doesn't even ever ignore things that might cause problems."

Arthit swallowed, his features clearly tensed now. He was blinking up at Wayo questioningly. Kongpob sensed that it was time to calm his Phii down, so he once again started massaging his head.

"Phii, we just have to do what Dr.K tells us okay? We shouldn't be making any assumptions right away. Everything should be alright, okay?" Arthit nodded.

The three men spent the next couple of hours just being there for each other, drinking coffee and getting the pregnant Omega as comfortable as they could. The medical staff had at one point come in to administer some injection for Arthit, the contents of which the couple had no idea about. Wayo had looked at the charts but had not shown any signs of concern, or that is what the Alpha had observed so it was all good. Kongpob had then taken to gently rubbing at Arthit's scalp, making him to relax enough that he fall asleep. The Alpha was satisfied that his mate had at least fallen sleep so he wouldn't work his overthinking mind.

Kongpob had gone out to get refill for coffee for himself and Wayo, when he had decided to call up Tew and tell him about the developments. He knew their friends wouldn't be happy if they had been left out of the loop. As expected, Tew had assured Kongpob that he and Knott would be at the hospital in a couple of hours. He had asked Kongpob to keep them posted and had asked if he needed them right away. The Alpha had explained that right now they were just waiting so it was okay.

When Kongpob returned, he found Wayo talking on the phone with someone outside Arthit's room. He was making agreeing noises and just acknowledging the person on the other side when he spotted Kongpob.

"Wait Dr. K., Kongpob is here, maybe you should explain to him," Wayo said as he handed the phone to the Alpha grabbing his cup of coffee with the other.

"Hello.."

"N'Kongpob," said Dr.K

"Dr. K..I.."

"So, here's the thing. I have already received the results. The changes in the blood work are quiet prominent and so we have been forced to make critical decisions."

Kongpob fidgeted, "Umm..I.."

"Kongpob, I understand that this is rather early but we can't risk waiting. I have already booked an Operation theatre for tonight. I promise I will do everything in my power to see that all three of them are healthy. I have handled many emergency cases like this, trust me, okay. Please, believe everything will be absolutely perfect, okay? We will need all the positivity as we can get."

"Kharp Doctor. If this is what you think is best.."

"It is. Also, I have given all the instructions to N'Yo, so he will see to that. I will ask Dr.Daow to meet you and explain everything in detail, as well as answer any questions you have."

"Kharp Doctor. Thank you."

Dr. K sighed, "Unfortunately, I am stuck here with an emergency case, so I will see you as soon as possible, okay."

"Kharp Doctor."

"Okay, nong, I got to go now. I will get back to you soon." Kongpob nodded as he hung up and met the concerned eyes of Wayo. The friend half hugged the Alpha, giving a reassuring smile, as he led him inside the room. They had to tell Arthit of the plans after all and Kongpob had to be strong for his beloved mate.

_________________________________________________________________________

AN: Take care my lovelies!

Toodloos!