Chapter 27

Date: 30/3/2020

AN: Another drool-worthy chapter. You have been warned!

____________________________________________________________________

"Thank you P'Knott, this is really delicious," Kongpob said, taking a bite of the chicken dumpling. While the filling was moist and had the right amount of spice, the broth was flavorful and light. They were all sitting at the table at Knott's place this time. Tew and Knott had taken it upon themselves to arrange these dinner meetings just to be updated about Arthit's health. They had invited Wayo as well on every occasion.

On this day, while Knott had made the dumpling soup from scratch, Kongpob had fried up some frozen egg-rolls and Wayo had brought a banana pudding. No one really knew if he had made it himself but no one questioned him either.

 No one really knew if he had made it himself but no one questioned him either

"Of course you would say that. It's practically bland! Give me some of those chilies!" Arthit said grumpily as he made a dive for the bowl of pickled chilies. But Kongpob was faster as he grabbed the said bowl and put it out of the pregnant Omega's reach.

"You have already had enough, Phii. No more!" Arthit sat back, sulking. For the most part Arthit didn't make a fuss about his food. Such outbursts were rare and far in between. While Kongpob felt guilty at having to do the right thing, the other men at the table looked on with an amused smile. Wayo too smiled and thought he should take tips from Arthit to perfect that pout. No wonder Kongpob was so whipped.

"Okay, Arthit. Give your nong a break okay? He's just worried.." Knott said nudging his best friend.

Arthit looked up and smiled. He took Kongpob's hand in his, "I'm sorry na Kong..na na.."

"It's okay Phii..Here why don't you have some egg-roll?"

"So, P'Knott, I am thinking, we should get a bigger place. I mean.."

Arthit frowned, "Why? And since when have you been thinking about this?"

"No Phii..It's just a thought, you know? I mean, out apartment is small and having two kids ..I don't think.."

Knott cut Kongpob off, "Arthit, that's actually not a bad idea.."

Wayo listening in could sense the pregnant man's discomfort, "N'Kongpob, you are thinking realistically. But if the mother..I mean N'Arthit is not comfortable..ermm..you both should talk it out first, before deciding on anything.."

Arthit sent a grateful look towards their newest friend who smiled back. "I don't think it's necessary Kongpob, our apartment is big enough. We also have an extra room that we don't use, remember?"

"Kharp Phii..but it's tiny and we use it to store things."

Arthit was now glaring at his mate and everyone including Kongpob flinched before conceding, "Okay Phii. We will talk about this later, okay. We are not deciding anything right away!" The ex-head hazed 'hhrmmed' and calmed down as everyone sighed in relief silently. The pregnant Omega's temper was not something to be toyed with.

There was silence for a few minutes as everyone concentrated on their food. Slurping some more of the delicious broth, Knot asked, as if he had remembered something, "Umm Kongpob! So, Tew told me you took a day off the other week. Was everything okay?" Arthit who was sipping his water suddenly choked at his friend's question. He remembered the day when the two of them had enjoyed several rounds of love-making through-out the day. His ears turned red, as Kongpob soothed his back, Wayo looked on with a smirk and their friends gaped cluelessly.

"Yea Phii. Just phi was..ermm just tired, I guess."

Knott nodded and being the sassy one as always, Wayo couldn't help but add, "Yeah..they even asked me to not come in that day.." The businessman frowned. That didn't make sense but Tew probably had caught on as he mouthed 'Oohh'.

"And the next day when I went to their place for my usual duties, N'Kongpob had already left for work and our pregnant Omega was definitely tired...and..sore.."

Finally, it clicked for Knott and he chuckled as he watched his friend throw a napkin at Wayo. "Ohh..it was one of those days!"

"Asshole! You will know when it's your turn and then I will tease you. Just watch."

Just a normal jibe from Arthit but suddenly there was tension at the table. Everyone was just looking at each other and those not knowing what exactly was happening too could sense something off.

Tew stood up abruptly, grabbing his and Knott's empty plates, "I will see about the dessert.." He mumbled as he hurried off to the kitchen.

Kongpob followed immediately, "I'll..I'll.."

Arthit looked at the clouded face of his friend and thought maybe he didn't know everything. He swallowed, "Umm..Knott, what just happened there?"

Knott smiled and shook his head dismissively, "Nothing, my friend. All's good." Wayo feeling the need to give the two friends some privacy, slowly got out of the room and made his way towards the restroom.

"What am I missing here, friend? I'm just pregnant, it won't break me, whatever it is."

Knott chuckled and patted Arthit's hand, "It's nothing like what you are thinking. It's just..well, I want it, he... wants more time, that's it."

"Ohh.."

"I know..I mean we have talked about this and everything is really okay..but I don't know what happened today. I just..Maybe I should go, check on him."

Arthit smiled but shook his head as he gestured behind Knott. Standing there were Tew and Kongpob holding a tray of bowls. Wayo had slipped back into the room too. Everyone settled back into their places. Arthit smiled as he watched his big friend slip a hand behind Tew's waist and half-hug him reassuringly. The younger man smiled shyly. His friends were good, thought Arthit.

The pregnant Omega raised his glass of water, "To friends!" All the men grinned and cheered before digging into their desserts. The warmed up banana pudding with chilled ice-cream had never tasted this sweet.

 The warmed up banana pudding with chilled ice-cream had never tasted this sweet

_____________________________________________________________________________

AN: So, hungry yet?

Well, I am aware that this chapter is basically a filler but let me assure you it does act as a bridge and does go with the flow of the story. You will find out, eventually. Also..we are not very far away from the end now..inching closer and closer. Wish me luck!

Stay home. Stay safe.

Toodloos, my lovelies!