Chapter 25

Date: 27/3/2020

AN: Today's chapter! 

________________________________________________________________________________

Wayo entered the venue of the party just as many other guests were trickling in. He was amazed at how beautiful everything looked. Apparently, red was P'Kit's favorite color. Wayo's best friend, who was also P'Kit's mate, Ming, had called several times over the past ten days to whine about how unoriginal and sometimes gaudy the red-themed decorations felt. But everything looked very nice now. Ming had finally found an elegant way to do a red-themed party, after all. The red lights that were hung from the fences had drowned the entire place in a soft sunset glow. The red-rose decorations on the tables were small and not overwhelming. And the different shades of the drapes just brought everything together. There was a live band and a dance floor was set up in front of it. Many guests were already dancing to the soft music. Wayo found himself to be seriously impressed.

Although Wayo was in no mood to attend any party this morning, he couldn't miss Ming's first-anniversary bash. Ming had been with him throughout his life and had always supported him. Wayo was happy his best friend had found his Omega who was actually a decent person and also a doctor. Kit was an excellent doctor and was in fact classmate of Dr.K.

The thought of the Alpha who had kissed him the previous day brought a sour taste to his mouth. Although he had enjoyed the kiss very much and couldn't deny the attraction he felt towards the sexy Alpha, he didn't want to get his hopes up much. He was at this moment very unsure of Phana's intentions towards him. Wayo shook his thoughts away and strode further into the venue where he knew his friend would be.

Wayo spotted Ming and P'Kit standing near a make-shift stage, all smiles as they greeted a couple of guests. The omega couldn't help but grin, just a glimpse of his Alpha best-friend made him happy. This is why the young Omega found himself, swaying to the music, enjoying small sips of red wine, as he shared small talk with his friend and his mate. The guests came in, greeted the happy couple and went on to enjoy the food and drinks that were made available at the open bar.

What the Omega failed to notice was that a pair of dark eyes were observing him from afar, for at least a good part of the past thirty minutes. Phana had come in much later than he had wanted. In a hasty decision to keep with the theme, Phana had settled on donning a simple V-neck red t-shirt, with an expensive black jacket and matching pants. Kit was his best friend, his right-hand man in medical college and Phana couldn't deny him. With Beam already being out of town on an assignment and unable to make it to party, the great Dr.K had hoped to get out of work earlier, but that had not happened. Whatever the case may have been, when the doctor had entered the venue, the sight that greeted him made him freeze.

There stood the cute omega, near the couple of the hour, who had been ruling his heart for the past several months now. The kiss they had shared still made the doctor's lips tingle. The way Wayo was standing there casually smiling and talking softly, while his body moved to the music, made Phana's breath hitch. The red wine that matched almost perfectly with Wayo's red hair had made the Omega's lips that much darker and plumper. His eyes were sparkling with happiness, which never happened when he looked at Phana. The doctor felt a sting of pain at the fact that the happiness on Wayo's face was not because of him. 

Someone lightly bumped into him from the back and that's when the Alpha was brought out of his reverie

Someone lightly bumped into him from the back and that's when the Alpha was brought out of his reverie. The person apologized as he passed but by the time Phana was already working his way to where Ming and Kit were.

Wayo didn't see Phana but stiffened immediately when he got a whiff of that spicy cinnamon smell he had been dreaming of since the previous day. He was frozen on the spot that he didn't even realize when Phana had come so close and was now hugging Kit, congratulating the couple.

A few moments later, Phana came towards him and without any preamble extended a hand, "May I have this dance with you?"

Wayo swallowed, as the couple beside them looked on at this latest development. Neither Kit nor Ming had any idea that there was something going on between Wayo and Phana. When minutes passed and Wayo didn't react, Ming decided to intervene. He came and bumped Wayo's shoulder, smirking, as he gently pried the wine glass from the Omega's hand. Wayo was jerked into action and as he took the offered hand.

Phana smiled and gently pulled the younger man towards the dance floor. He couldn't remember the last time he had taken the time to enjoy dancing with someone. Having Wayo in his arms, this close with his sweet scent bombarding his senses felt divine. He didn't want this moment to end.

"You are looking rather ravishing in red tonight," The taller man whispered in the Omega's ear.

Wayo only bent his hair more, concentrating on enjoying the dance, rather than the Alpha who was holding him. "Why won't you say anything?"

The Omega looked up but didn't know what to say. He had never been chased before. He had had a couple of flings that just happened in the past, but no one had actively shown interest in him like this before.

"What I said yesterday, I was..am serious..Would you like to have dinner with me sometime? Maybe next weekend?" Phana said, his eyes reflecting all the sincerity that he wanted Wayo to know.

Wayo suddenly felthis mouth go dry and there was a big lump in his throat. Instinctively, hepushed at the Alpha so he could run away, but Phana tightened his hold anddidn't let go. With nowhere to run, Wayo just stood there, fidgeting and notmeeting the dark orbs. Phana lifted the Omega's face by the chin and did whathe wanted to do since he laid eyes on Wayo when he entered the party. Heswooped down and captured those plump red lips in a searing kiss.

________________________________________________________________________________

AN: So..what did you think? I know this might disappoint some people, but Ming and KIt are just making a cameo. I have not included them as characters in this story. Sorry..