Chapter 4

Date: 8/12/19

AN: Tomorrow's my son's birthday and I don't think I will be able to get any time to post tomorrow. Following my instincts again, here's an update. Enjoy!

_______________________________________________________________________

Tew returned with two Styrofoam cups in hands. The coffee certainly left a lot to be desired but it was something hot and helped to warm up. The Omega gave a cup to his friend who looked utterly lost and dejected. Both friends had just finished their cups and Tew was about to ask Kongpob to go and get some fresh air when they heard Arthit stirring.

Kongpob rushed over frantically, "Phii! Phii..You are awake. I should get the doctor.." But just as Kongpob was about to leave, he felt his Phii stop him.

Arthit coughed a bit and spoke in a soft hoarse voice, "Nong..I'm sorry I.."

"Sorry? What are you.." Kongpob must have realized his tone was high and took a deep breath. The young Alpha calmed down and sat down beside the love of his life. Tew saw how Kongpob was holding a small cup of water with a straw to Arthit's lips now and said softly, "Kong, you stay here. I will go get the doctor."

Arthit's dry throat seemed to have settled with a couple of sips of water. He gently smiled at his mate who looked extremely worried. Kong smiled back slightly, "How are you feeling Phii? Are you in pain?"

Arthit shook his head, "I feel okay. I was good..I don't know why I just suddenly.."

"Phii, please. It's okay. They have taken your blood for testing so.. I know everything will be just fine and we will go home soon," Kongpob smiled reassuringly and Arthit nodded as well. By then Tew had come in followed by a nurse who took Arthit's temperature and other vitals. She informed Kongpob that Arthit could take in a small amount of water and juice until the results come back.

Over the next hour, Arthit had been awake but he did rest with his eyes for some time. Tew had taken a call from his P'Knott who had obviously already been informed on what was happening. Knott was P'Arthit's best friend of course and with all the things they been through he had a right to know. P'Knott had told Tew that he would be at the hospital within the next thirty minutes or so as he had wrapped up the meeting with his company's Chinese office. Although Kongpob was a little hesitant at having disturbed Tew and his mate P'Knott, he was also grateful for their support.

This is when both the younger men saw Dr. Daow coming in and stood up to greet her. Arthit too had heard the doctor and was now looking at the woman expectantly. She asked Kongpob if he was comfortable having Tew with him and when she was sure she smiled.

"So, there are a few things that need to be discussed, but first let me start on a bright note." The three men frowned looking at the doctor's wide smile, confused as they were. But they waited with bated breath for the lady to continue.

"Congratulations N'Arthit. You are going to be a father!" The shocked faces of the three men were almost...no, definitely...comical.

                                                                       *********************

It was Kongpob who was first to come out of the shock. When the news had finally sunk in, Kongpob's face broke out a grin and in his elation, he lunged at the doctor and hugged her tight. Overwhelmed, the lady pulled out and snorted a laugh at Kongpob's antics. This also made Tew laugh out loud, his eyes shining with happiness for his friend. Kongpob's Alpha was roaring on the inside and his eyes were glittering red. It seemed that his entire being was not able to comprehend where he was since the joy from the news had made him almost delirious.

"Oh Doctor! Thank you! I can't believe this. I don't know.. Oh my God! My Phii..We.. I mean..we are gonna have a baby!"

It was Tew who held Kongpob by the arms to make him calm down as he said, "Hey hey Kong. Take a deep breath buddy. I think the doctor has not finished whatever she came to say yet.." It was here that everyone around could actually feel the Alpha focus back on the situation. Kongpob took a deep breath, eyes closed and when he opened them they looked as normal as ever. He went over to Arthit, caressed his face and kissed his forehead before standing straight up and nodding at the doctor.

Dr. Daow too nodded and smiled slightly, "So, like I was saying..N'Arthit doesn't have any infections. His symptoms all match with his pregnancy, of someone who is in his first trimester. We will have to do a Sonography to determine the exact duration, but still. However, that is not what I am concerned about." The doctor took a deep breath, "He is pretty anemic right now. We need to start him on iron supplements. But the problem is that he is on birth-control. It looks like Arthit's body didn't take the pills well or that nature just didn't care. Whatever it is, we need to stop the pills as soon as possible but it could be dangerous to do that abruptly. Usually, when the couple decides they are ready for a family, the Omega is weaned off the pill to give the body time to adjust." At this point, Kongpob, who had been subtly glancing at his Phii on the bed, sat down on the chair and held Arthit's hand in his. He realized his mate might be going through so many different feelings and fear would definitely be one of them.

The doctor nodded in understanding, "What I am trying to say here N'Kongpob is that to ensure the health of both the Omega and the baby, I will recommend you consult a specialist. I will forward your case to our in-house doctor itself. He is young but is already one of the best Omega Gynecologist in the country. He should be able to guide you perfectly."

Kongpob smiled, "Thank you doctor.."

The doctor then suggested, "By the way, I don't think N'Arthit is rested enough yet and it would be preferable to keep him under observation overnight. Also, I will forward all your reports to the specialist I told you about and if he gets back to us and asks for further reports we can do that here itself. What do you say?"

Kongpob was about to say something but just then a tall, muscular tanned man came rushing towards them, "Tew!" Tew turned around to see his P'Knott approaching them with swift steps. "Phii, here." Knott came there but realized that the doctor was briefing them. He didn't say anything only nodded at the younger Alpha who waiied silently. Knott then spoke to the doctor, "Please continue doctor."

The lady nodded, "Like I said, N'Arthit needs to stay here overnight. He's stable now, but it's just a precaution. I have already prescribed some necessary vitamins and supplements for him. Everything else will have to be done only after consulting with our specialist."

Kongpob nodded vigorously, "Yes Phii. Can you tell us when we can consult with him?"

Dr. Daow said, "Yes. As soon as I get an appointment for you, I will let you know. I will speed up the process, put your case ahead as a sensitive one. Everything should work itself out soon. Take care N'Kongpob. And Arthit I will see you in the morning, okay?"

Kongpob nodded as the doctor left. The Alpha, who was still holding onto his Phii's hand, had noticed anxious energy coming from Arthit. He hoped this nervousness was just a result of Arthit's initial shock and fear and nothing else.

_______________________________________________________________________

AN: I'm nervous about this chapter, for some reason. I hope you guys think I have done a fair enough job. Let me know what you think Arthit's feeling?  Also, soon you will meet the specialist..! I'm so excited about that. I am hoping you are too! Thank you so much for all the support and encouragement.

Toodloos my lovelies!