Chapter 6

Date: 25/12/2019

AN: Since I'm determined to spread some Christmas cheer, Double -Update guys! I hope you enjoy!

_______________________________________________________________________

Kongpob was awakened by a light touch on his shoulder and when he opened his eyes blurrily he saw his Phii stretching his hand to get his attention. The Alpha stood up immediately as he held Arthit's hand.

"Phii, are you ok? Did you need something?"

Arthit smiled and pointed at the cup of water sitting on the side table. Kongpob took and cup and brought it to Arthit who sipped from a straw and let out a relieved sigh. All the meds and restricted amount of liquids allowed for him the previous day had made his throat extremely dry and scratchy. Once done, Kongpob put back the cup and caressed Arthit's hair while gazing at his mate with eyes full of love and concern. This is when it dawned on the older man how worried his nong had been and probably still was. Kongpob had tried to talk to Arthit the previous evening but the older man had not responded, still trying to process everything that he had found out. Arthit suddenly felt guilt wash over him as he thought of what his Alpha must be feeling.

Arthit grasped Kongpob's hands, "Kong.."

The younger man just smiled and nodded, "Yes Phii..I'm here for you na.."

Arthit just shook his head, "You are happy, right?" The Omega wanted to say so many things, ask so many questions but what he ended up asking surprised himself as well.

Kongpob grinned but his smile halted as he looked down and once again met his mate's eyes, "If you are happy, I am happy Phii." Arthit fell silent and sighed.

Kongpob observed his Phii's morose expression and felt a shot of pain in his chest. When he had heard the news the Alpha had been ecstatic. But it looked like Arthit's thoughtful silence since yesterday was not just because of shock and initial fear. There was something weighing his Omega and the thought of what it might be scared the Alpha to the core. Nevertheless, Kongpob took a deep breath and held Arthit's hands softly.

"Phii, please say something. I know this was not expected but it is a blessing, right? You want.."

Arthit looked up and cut his nong off, "Kongpob I..I don't know anything right now. On one hand, I want a family with you but on the other, this news is so sudden, I'm not sure what to feel, how to feel. I'm feeling like.."

However, whatever Arthit was feeling was left unsaid as a nurse appeared with a wheelchair and greeted them both.

"Khun, I am here to take the patient for sonography. The doctor is ready for him." Kongpob nodded and helped Arthit into the chair. The trio went to the room where they were made to sit and wait. A few minutes later a pregnant woman and her woman exited the examination room with bright smiles as the man held the woman protectively. Just then Arthit's name was called out and Kongpob took his mate in.

As Arthit laid there with Kongpob beside him, his mind was filled with innumerable thoughts.

"Good morning! Are you ready to see your baby's first picture?" A cheery voice said. A grinning, overly enthusiastic woman of medium built sat down next to Arthit's bed, on a tall chair adjusting the monitor settings. Her cheerful demeanor was making Arthit more nervous than anything else. She took the transducer, put some cold gel on it and proceeded to move it around Arthit's naked stomach. She 'hmmed' and 'aahhhed' and the motioned for Kongpob to look at the display monitor.

"Can you see that? The features are developed already! See this dotted line here? That's the spine..String of diamonds, they say!"

Kongpob watched mesmerized the screen, trying to make out the 'developed features' but hardly could see anything. He was thankful when the doctor pointed out the baby's spine, which was clearly visible. Kongpob's eyes teared up as he felt more than saw the baby's heartbeat. He was stunned in place that he did not notice how incredibly glistening Arthit's eyes had become as he watched the screen.

Arthit still could not believe that he was with a child. Everything about this pregnancy felt surreal like he was watching everything happening to someone else. The fact that he had done everything to avoid getting pregnant, including taking pills, and was here today just didn't ...He couldn't fathom what was happening in his life. But watching the screen, and knowing that a life was growing within him, he was suddenly overwhelmed with protective and possessive feelings that felt foreign to him. His hand instinctively moved towards Kongpob and the Omega clutched his mate's hand in a manner that sought not only reassurance but also love and comfort.

Kongpob looked at where his Phii had held his hand and squeezed, letting all his love and happiness flow through him. He hoped his Phii knew that no matter what, the Alpha would always be there with him. Kongpob took his eyes off the monitor and looked at the love of his life just as Arthit did the same. Their eyes met and the silent conversation between felt optimistic, filling the entire room with positive vibes, just until the doctor spoke once more.

"Umm. Well, this is interesting. There's definitely one fetus that's well on its way. It looks like it's just over 10 weeks old."

The doctor's tone definitely alerted Kongpob. He anxiously asked, "Doctor..is everything okay?"

The doctor 'hmmed' still moving the stick around Arthit's stomach, probably trying to get a better angle. "I can't be sure yet. What I can tell you at this point is that there's definitely one healthy baby, ten weeks old. The development seems to be going at the right pace."

Kongpob and Arthit looked at each other, their eyes full of concern, knowing the doctor was holding something back. Kongpob was about to ask something when the doctor spoke again.

She sighed, "I have a hint of a second heartbeat and some suspicion that there may be more than one fetus, but we can't really be sure.."

"Are you saying I'm having twins?" That was Arthit.

The doctor shook her head, "I can't really be sure. But it's just been ten weeks so..it's normal. You should get another ultrasound next month, so we can see the progress. It's usually 14-15 weeks before we can confirm twins or more. So, this is nothing out of the normal. Relax, there's nothing to worry about. Everything else seems on par with a ten-week pregnant Omega. Okay?"

Kongpob and Arthit both gave the doctor broken smiles, considering all the mixed feelings in their hearts. The two nodded as the doctor said she would schedule another Ultrasound in six weeks just to be on the safer side. She then waved the couple off and assured them that the reports will be in their files and that their assigned doctor would explain everything to them, including the medication and its doses.

Both Kongpob and Arthit felt relieved at those words, as they left the examination room. In these moments, Alpha was thinking he wanted the baby and his Omega safe. He really didn't care if it was one or more babies, as long as his Phii was with him he could face everything. Arthit, on the other hand, was surprised by all the maternal protectiveness he felt for the life or lives inside of him. He didn't really care if he lived or died, he just wanted his baby or babies to be healthy and safe.

_______________________________________________________________________

AN: I did a lot of writing today, and also plan to do the same throughout the holidays. So I felt comfortable giving you guys two chapters today. MERRY CHRISTMAS!