Chapter 30

Date: 24/4/2020

AN: An update. This is rather serious..

___________________________________________________________________

Eight months had already passed and it was amazing how fast Arthit had gained weight. The check-ups so far didn't show any problems. The couple was excited to get the nursery refurnished and settled. However, somehow this side of things kept getting delayed, even as Arthit had met with the people several times. Kongpob had taken on the load at his office, knowing the next month would be crucial and he may have to put his work on hold at times. This kept the Alpha rather busy and Arthit being in the state that he was couldn't handle the refurnishing all by himself. Frankly, though, these all seem to be just excuses but the fact remained that the room was still bare.

Nursery aside, Kongpob seemed to be on edge today for an entirely different and more serious reason. For the past two days, Wayo had been extra careful and was slightly concerned. Kongpob had already sensed the worry behind their friend's smiles and goofiness. The fact that Arthit had been put on no salt-diet for the entire one and a half days was interesting. Wayo had explained that his blood pressure was slightly high, but it would right itself with some changes in his diet and stuff. It seemed like this might be a temporary thing, since the Omega was healthy and had no history of any such issues, except the water-retention thing a few months back. Arthit had been asked to lay on the bed for the entire time, only getting up for bathroom breaks and eating.

Now it was mid-afternoon, day two. Kongpob had trusted his instincts and had decided to stay home. When Wayo didn't protest, the Alpha became even more concerned. Arthit had already eaten his light and bland lunch, which had been served in bed. The pregnant Omega had now been strictly asked to lay-down and take slow and deep breaths.

Wayo was currently in the living room, checking Arthit's chart and was frowning continuously. The Alpha came and sat beside the worried friend. He realized this was not the time to panic or get angry.

So he took a deep breath and asked softly, "P'Yo, what is wrong?"

Wayo sighed and rubbed his hand over his face. He couldn't hide it anymore, "N'Kong, his blood-pressure level is not going down. I have done everything I can since yesterday, but the scale is still on the high-end. At eight months, there is not much room for trying things.."

Anxiety etched on Wayo's face made Kongpob's stomach flip. If this man was worried, it must be something bad. Wayo was sitting there with his hands joined at the tips against his lips. He had never seen Wayo so concerned ever before. Kongpob took a deep breath as he understood that he could not break down right now, they had things to do.

"Phii..so now what?"

"Usually medication works, but at this stage, I don't know if it will..or even if it is safe.."

Kongpob took one of his friend's hands in his and met the other persons eyes, "Phii..maybe it's time to call Dr.K.."

Wayo shook his head in defeat, "I know. I also know what he will do. He will ask us to get Arthit admitted immediately and get the blood work done. And if ..if there are any changes in the blood work..well.." The Omega's eyes filled with tears as he sniffled.

His voice broken with choked sobs, "It's not time yet, nong. The babi..es, they are..they are not ready to come out yet. If..if Phana.." The young Omega closed his eyes and let the tears run down his cheeks. A moment later he wiped them away and stood up, his face and body language full of determination. Kongpob stood up too as he controlled the tears that were threatening to fall. He knew this was just an emotional outburst from the Omega, especially since he had gotten really attached to the couple.

Kongpob patted Wayo on the shoulder to get his attention, "Umm.."

Wayo smiled slightly, "We should call Pha..ermm..Dr.K..that's the first thing we have to do."

As serious as the situation was, Kongpob didn't miss the way Wayo kept using Dr.K's first name and the way he covered it up.

He followed Wayo to the kitchen island, where the Omega's phone was.

"Yeah..hello.. No! Stop it. This is serious!" Wayo said in a harsh tone. Kongpob didn't know what the doctor had said on the other end and was feeling rather left out. He mouthed to Wayo to put the phone on speaker and the shorter man did that without delay.

"Dr.K, you are on speaker, and N'Kongpob is with me. So I think, no, I know we have a problem.."

Kongpob could sense Dr.K stiffening up, "What happened?"

"Ahh..Arthit's blood pressure was higher than normal, yesterday morning. I put him on bed-rest, no-salt diet, some breathing exercises.."

"Ookkay.."

"It's still not back to normal. It's still on a higher level and I don't know if medication should be administered. If it's safe.."

The Alpha heard Dr.K sigh, "Thirty-six weeks.."

Wayo took a sharp breath and stiffened, "Dr.K ..."

"This doesn't look good N'Yo. And I believe you when you say you have done everything to.."

"Maybe I could.."

Fear was creeping within Kongpob's heart as he heard the conversation. Dr.K's tone definitely had some anxiety this time. He was working really hard to keep himself together. This was not the time to break-down, he kept telling himself. When he came back to the current conversation, it looked like he had missed something.

Dr.K was saying, "....can't be certain on how they will affect the patient. We cannot afford to take any risks at this stage. So no medication."

"Yes, doctor."

"Have you sent me the record?"

"Yes, Doctor."

"I'll take a look at it. Check again right now. If it's still high, get him admitted immediately. Inform me when and if you have decided to take him to the hospital. It will take me about an hour to get there. I will ask Dr.Daow to receive you, get the blood work done. And by then I should be with you."

"Kharp, Doctor," Wayo said but his voice was breaking.

Dr.K didn't say anything for a moment. He must have sensed Wayo's feelings because he said, "N'Yo, we will get through this, okay? I can't promise you anything..but what I can promise you is that I will do everything in my power to get all three of them out of this, safe and sound, okay?"

Wayo audibly swallowed and sniffled, "Kharp P'Pha.."

Phana let out a chuckle, "I like that..you calling me P'Pha..Say it ag.." Wayo must have been brought out of his daze with the doctor's flirting, as he fumbled and took the phone off the speaker. The Omega's cheeks definitely had a dusting of pink. With all the worry nagging, Kongpob couldn't help but smile.

"No! And Dr.K..I will send you the latest record and let you know what I decide. Okay?...Hmm. Khrap. Bye."

_____________________________________________________________________________

AN: We are going to move rather swiftly now. 

Again, all this is my own experience. My gynecologist is an angel, I owe her my life but more importantly my heart. I will share small titbits in the coming chapters. Hope you enjoy.

Toodloos!