CHAPTER XVI: Red Haired Guy

Chapter 16: Red-haired guy

- Author's POV -

Taewoo worked normally at the shop without knowing Minjae's plan, for surprising him on his upcoming birthday, which is in two days. Yoomin never shown any suspiscions and never let her tongue slip. So, our birthday boy spent the day not knowing anything.

After work, Taewoo wants to call his older best friend. He fished his phone out of his pockets, unlock it and searches Minjae's name in the contact list. After scrolling for a little while, he finally found what he's looking for. "Min-jae-hyung", he clicked on the call symbol and puts his phone near his ears. The phone rang for a few seconds, Taewoo almost gave up but Minjae finally answered the phone. "Hello?", the man in line speaks.

"Minjae Hyung?", Taewoo called.

"Oh Taewoo yah? Something wrong?", Minjae asked.

"Say, about my birthday... Wanna hang out together?", Taewoo asked excitedly.

"Oh... that's in two days right? Sorry, I have to do something with the girls from the class...", Minjae has to lie a bit but the way he lied is so convincing, he didn't even stuttered like any other normal people would when they lie.

"Oh... is that so... And it's my birthday afterall...", Taewoo spoke in a really low tone. Pain and disappointment can be noticed in his way of talking. "Well, I have to go now and change my clothes... Bye hyung...", he continued.

"Sorry Taewoo... Bye.", Minjae bids his farewell.

"Aish! This hyung! Is those girls more important than me?! And it'll be my birthday too.... Stupid Minjae!", Taewoo yelled in the changing room. Yoomin, who is on the counter, heard his havoc and her face shown some guilt.

On the other side after putting down the call, Minjae looked sorry. "Taewoo sorry... I just want to surprise you. Forgive me!", he folds his hands together and said sorry for a few times. Even though he knows Taewoo won't hear it nor see it he just wants to apologized even though it's actually for Taewoo. "You'll forgive me after my plan right?", Minjae smiles at his phone as if it's Taewoo or something. "Well time to plan these things!", he feels motivated and put his hands on his hips. "But... I don't have their phone numbers....", he fell on his knees. "Guess have to postpone the planning tomorrow.", he thought.

In the shop, Yoomin locked the cashier and is ready to lock the gate, Jinsu hasn't come back yet. Then suddenly the door to the changing room opened, making a creak sound. A disappointed young man went out of the room. "Hey... Something happened?", Yoomin asked Taewoo. "Yoomin ssi!", Taewoo runs sobbing to her. "Minjae hyung... That rascal chose random girls over me, over his bestfriend!", Taewoo starts tearing up. "What do you mean?", Yoomin asked. "That rascal would rather go with the girls from his class than celebrate my birthday with me.", he showed Yoomin an overly sad face.

"Oh. It's the day after right?", Yoomin asked.

Taewoo looked strangely at her. "How do you know that?", Taewoo looked at her reallsy surprised. Questioning her how she found out when his birthday is.

"I uh... Saw it in your documents!",Yoomin told a complete lie to cover up for his surprise party.

"Documents? What kind of documents? Your cousin never asked for documents from me...", Taewoo still looks at her strangely. "And he's really dumb for not doing so.

"He made a handmade documents... Just some personal information and stuffs...", Yoomin continues with her made up story.

"That hyung.. Where the hell does he know about my birthday?", Taewoo became even more suspicious than before. "Well if you say so... Now back to hyung... That guy is sooooo mean! How can he leave me alone dor my birthday?! Sad how sad.", he continues with his naggings.