(17) Friends Forever

Chapter 17:

I feel more tired then ever. I can't take the pressure. I've decided that I'm bunking school today, I need to start my pursuit to find Lucas.

I get on some comfortable sneakers, a long sleeve shirt so I can't get another flu symptom and some baggy jeans. I still feel sweaty from last night, so I'm wearing my "Lazy Day" clothes. As Lucas would call them.

"I'll be back in a few hours, Mum." I say, and I give Mum a kiss on the cheek.

"Bye, sweetie."

With that I head off to me and Lucas's favourite hang outs.

First stop was the park. There isn't any sign of Lucas, just a few old ladies feeding bread to a few ducks. And a strange man walking around with his dog. I left later on, but the man seemed to follow me most of the way to the second stop. So I did what any teenager would do. Run. The second stop isn't far away anyway, it's only a ten minute walk from the park, or maybe a five minute run if you count me running away from the creepy dude.

Second stop was the mall. Me and Lucas woud spend countless hours at the mall. Mostly at the food courts though. I checked all the food courts too, no-one but some teenagers having a group party. Two adults romantically feeding eachother. And another strange guy, not with a dog but with a newspaper and everytime I turned around he'd look at me. I'd seen him occasionally looking at me from the corner of my eye. Later on, there was no sign of Lucas so I decided to head back home, since there was no other place he could be. Except one. But I swore never to go alone.

I take the bus home and get home just on time for dinner. I use my key since Mum won't answer the door. Once I get in I drop everything and turn on the light. Everything is trashed. Papers everywhere, pictures out of place. It's like a pack of wolves came in and destroyed the whole house.

"Mum?" I call.

No answer.

"Mum?" I call again.

No answer.

"Maybe she's at work." I say to myself. Then I realise she would have called if she went to work.

"Mum?!" I call. I begin to panic now.

I dash to my room, it's completly trashed. All my make-up scattered on the ground, some leaking. My drawers are all over the place, my clothes all over my bed.

"MUM?!" I yell.

I run to Mum's room, her bed is messy. It's like she was dragged out of bed. There's a note on the drawer. I take it and read it.

Dear Ashley,

You may be wondering why you're house is in such a state. Well, lets just say. Your Mum puts up a fight. We've taken two things away from you, your love and your life. Turn yourself in, or you'll never see your loved ones again.

From, Storm.

"That little weasel!" I shout. I didn't exactly say weasel, just a bunch of other stuff you really wouldn't want to know about.

I lie on the ground and cry. He's taken everything. He's right. He's taken my love, and my life. I can't just lie here. I think I know where he is. The only place he could be. But first, I need backup.

I need more vampires.