~Don't Apologize Pt. 2~ Jeff Wittek

Bc this was highly requested :)

A week had gone by since you broke up with Jeff. You really hated to admit it, but you missed him desperately. Yes, he cheated on you. Yes, he stood you up. Yes, you were furious at his actions, but it was Jeff. You fell for this boy the first week of knowing him. You weren't going to fall out of him anytime soon, and you hated that. David didn't post any of the footage of Jeff he had filmed that night out of respect of you, which you thanked him for. 

You watched the TV flash images without actually giving it any attention when your phone rang. You didn't look at the contact before answering the phone with a monotoned hello. You were shocked when you heard David's voice frankly speak. 

"Y/n, I'm outside. I need you to come help me set up a surprise for Natalie." You were taken back by his request. Natalie was your best friend so you knew her birthday wasn't anytime soon, so why did David need to set up a surprise for her? You agreed, however, dragging yourself out off the couch. You found David grinning ear to ear in the front seat of his Tesla. As you hopped into the passenger seat, you began to question why he was setting up a surprise. He only gave a short answer before turning up the radio so loud that you weren't able to be heard over it. You decided to just lean back and watch the trees pass by outside your window.

When David parked the car, you looked at him with confusion. He had just parked in front of this tiny coffee house that Jeff had taken you on your first date. Why was David throwing a surprise for Natalie at this place when she had never been there? As David started to get out of the car, your door was opened by Zane. You laughed at the sight of him with his hair gelled back nicely.

"Hi Zane, you look nice." You giggled as you took his arm that he was offering. He thanked you before you made it to the front doors of the coffee shop, which David was now holding open for you. There were flower petals on the ground that led you to a table in the back corner, the same table that you and Jeff had sat at six months ago for the first time. Zane pulled out the chair for you to sit in, and you thanked him. You looked at David and Zane, who were now standing side by side. "I'm sorry guys, what does this have to do with Natalie," you questioned. Then, on cue, you heard a deep voice speak as David and Zane went to the kitchen. 

"It doesn't have to do with anything with her," there stood the tall, tanned boy that you had been trying to forget for almost a week. He stood in the same outfit that he wore on your first date, which made his dark brown eyes that you loved so much pop. He motioned to the chair that sat in front of you, questioning with his body if he could sit down with you. You were so surprised to see Jeff standing in front of you that you could only slowly nod your head in response.

"I don't understand, why did David tell me this was a surprise for Natalie?" Jeff just chuckled lightly to himself, looking down at his hands that were placed in his lap.

"I knew you wouldn't come meet me if I asked you, so I asked Natalie to help me get you to come here. When she said no because she's still very pissed that I treated you that way, I asked for David's help. David knew that you would do anything for Natalie so we came up with that excuse to get you here." Zane then placed down two drinks in front of you and Jeff.

"I just wanted to be involved." Zane joked before going back to the kitchen area. You looked down at the drinks and noticed they were the same exact drinks that you both ordered six months ago, Jeff really remembered every single detail about the first date.

"I wanted to tell you in person how guilty I feel. It's only been a week but I have realized how I have been taking you for granted and how lucky I am with you by my side. So, I decided that I would recreate our first date to show you how important you are, to remind you of the guy you fell in love with." Jeff looked back down at his hands before continuing, "Y/n, I am incredibly sorry for every single dumb thing I did these past six weeks. I need you to know how that night was supposed to go." You took a sip of your drink before motioning for him to continue to talk.

Jeff went into detail about how he was going to pick you up and in the passenger seat of the car was going to be some of your favorite flowers. Then he was going to drive you here to this coffee shop before driving you around LA for a bit before ending at the beach to look up at the stars.

"Finally, when we were ready to leave the beach and end the night, I was going to pull this out." He placed a small velvet box onto the table, which you realized was why he kept looking down at his hands. You opened the box to a beautiful rose gold ring that had your birthstone in the middle of it. You took it out of the box to look at it closer, which caused you to see what was engraved. It had "pinky promise" engraved on the inside, something that you constantly would make Jeff do, make pinky promises. 

"Jeff, this is beautiful." You gasped. You looked up to find him smiling at you.

"I was going to give you this promise ring and promise that one day I would replace it with a beautiful, expensive diamond engagement ring. Please, Y/N, take me back? I swear I will change and be the guy that you deserve." You looked at his dark brown eyes, which were glossy with tears that you could tell he was fighting back. You had never seen Jeff cry before, and here he was crying over the thought of not having you in his life.

"It's going to take a while for me to trust you again, but I have missed you so much this past week. I haven't left the house in a week because I've been so depressed about losing you. I'm not going to be able to jump right back into how we were, but I want you back." Jeff immediately let the tears fall as he took a deep breath. He leaned back in his chair, laughing lightly to himself. He started to get up and come over to kiss you, but you stopped him right before he leaned in. "One mistake, and that's it. If you stand me up ever again or if you ever kiss someone else again, you lose me forever. Do you understand?" Jeff just nodded as fast as he could before he crashed his lips against yours, right back in the place they belonged.