~Save Me~ Scotty Sire

WARNING: TALK OF SUICIDE AND SELF HARM IS INVOLVED. IF YOU ARE TRIGGERED BY THIS, PLEASE SKIP OVER! THERE IS A HAPPY ENDING BUT IF YOU DO NOT LIKE TO READ ABOUT THIS STUFF, SKIP THIS IMAGINE! THANK YOU

Your arms tingled, your heart raced quickly as you tried to catch your breath. The loud sounds of the party seemed to grow louder as it felt like your world was shrinking. It felt like the bathroom walls were closing in on you, it felt as if all control was fading away. 

The thoughts ran through your mind while tears trailed down your rosy cheeks.

You aren't worthy

You aren't loved

Nobody would care if you disappeared.

The thoughts only grew stronger as the sound of footsteps walked past the bathroom. You were breathing quickly, trying to grasp reality, and understand it was just a panic attack. Before you knew what you were doing, you were searching through the drawers and cabinets, searching for something to help stop everything.

There were knocks at the door, and you felt a sense of more panic rush through your body. You felt like you were caught.

"Just a second." Your voice cracked, giving a clue that you weren't okay.

"Y/N? Is that you?" You heard a deep voice through the door. Scotty, a guy you had a massive crush on. He couldn't know that you were in here. He couldn't know you were having a panic attack. He couldn't know that you were searching through things that didn't belong to you but belonged to his roommates.

Through the rush of putting things back where they belonged, you accidentally knocked over a bunch of pill bottles. He knocked again, letting you know he heard you.

"Y/N, are you okay? What was that?" He questioned. You rambled on about how you were so sorry and that it was an accident. He insisted that you opened the door right that second, and you sheepishly did. You were prepared for him to yell at you, to call you crazy for going through all this stuff. 

To your surprise, he entered calmly and lightly shut the door behind him. He looked at the pill bottles on the ground, then looked at you, your tear-stained cheeks and red, puffy eyes. 

"I was...looking for Advil. Headache..." You lied, and he could tell. He bent down to pick up the bottles. Once he finished putting them back, he turned to face you. He examined your face closely, wiping away some mascara that had run down.

"You weren't looking for Advil, were you?" You didn't look at him, you couldn't bring yourself to do it. You stared at your white sneakers, taking in every single smudge of dirt that had found its way onto them. "Y/N, what is wrong?" And with that simple question, the tears rushed down your face. It was like Niagara Falls now.

He sat on the edge of the bathtub with you and tried his hardest to understand what you were saying through your crying. You told him about your thoughts, your panic attacks, your longing for death. He was silent, you felt so stupid for saying these things. You thought he would find you crazy.

His big, muscular arms wrapped around you. He held you close, he held you tightly. He held you like he was protecting you from the evil that is in the world, and it felt incredible. It felt comforting to be held, reassuring that there was hope. 

"Do you want to go somewhere else? I'm not having a great time at this party either." Scotty whispered in your ear. You nodded your head slowly, not wanting him to remove his arms but you did want to leave this party. He took you by the hand, then immediately took you outside to his car. 

The two of you drove away, not letting anyone at the party know you had left. You gave him the address for your place, he let you have aux, and he even stopped at McDonald's to get you a milkshake and some fries. 

Once you got to your place, the two of you sat on the couch in silence. You didn't understand why he helped you, you thought that he didn't know you existed. You watched him eat and pay attention to whatever was playing on the TV.

"Why did you save me?" You whispered. He looked at you with confusion, he wasn't sure why you were questioning his actions.

"Because I think you are worthy, I think you are loved, and I would care if you disappeared. I couldn't just walk away from you, you needed someone and I am going to be that someone. You call me when you have feelings like this. You call me when you feel hopeless. You have me." He smiled that beautiful, perfect smile.

You don't remember much from the rest of the night because soon you ended up falling asleep in his arms to the sound of the television and the feeling of Scotty lightly scratching your arm. And for the first time in a while, you felt worthy. You felt loved. You felt cared for.

Because you ARE worthy.

Because you ARE loved.

Because someone WOULD care if you disappeared.