~Don't Apologize~ Jeff Wittek

As the clock ticked closer to two in the morning, you began to accept the fact that he wasn't coming. It was your six month anniversary with Jeff, and he had promised a special night. You dressed up in your brand new red dress. It hugged your body perfectly, showing off your curves that Jeff loved so much. He had promised to pick you up at 8:30, and yet you sat on the couch, still dressed up, hoping that he would be coming soon. Eventually, you gave up on waiting. You removed your makeup, hung up the dress, and crawled into bed as tears slowly rolled down your cheeks.

The next morning you woke up to ten unread messages. You sat up in your bed before opening up the messages.

Message from Zane:

Y/N whyyyyyy arent you out with us????!!!! Did you and Jeff split???

Message from Natalie:

Hey, something happened while we were all out tonight. I tried to convince David not to do it, but he was too drunk...I am so sorry.

This spiked interest in you, you weren't sure what she was talking about.

Message from David:

Y/N, I had no idea that it was you and Jeff's six month anniversary last night, let alone that you guys were even a couple.

Your heart dropped. David didn't know about you and Jeff, but you were starting to piece things together. You read a few more messages from David, him apologizing again and that they all super drunk. Then you came across Jeff's messages.

Message from Jeff:

Baby, I totally forgot about our date last night. I am so so so sorry.

Babe? Are you still asleep? 

Text me when you wake up...I love you

Please talk to me.

I'm coming over, see you soon.

The last text was from ten minutes ago, so you knew that Jeff would be knocking on the door any second now. You quickly threw on an oversized t-shirt and put your hair up when you heard Jeff at the door. You took your sweet time with opening the door, making sure he felt half of the pain you felt while you waited for him all night. He was jumpy, his foot tapping quickly. You watched as his entire body dropped slightly when he saw you on the other side of the door. 

"Babe. Hi." He smiled lightly. You crossed your arms and glared at him.

"What do you want, Jeff?" You scoffed. He looked at you, sadness filling his eyes. He could tell you were mad, which was actually an understatement for how you felt. He asked if he could come in, which you reluctantly agreed to. Jeff looked at your coffee table and saw the finished bottle of wine and the empty wine glass that sat next to it. He immediately felt awful as he realized how long you had probably spent sitting there, waiting for him.

"Baby, I am so sorry about last night. David needed footage for this week's vlog, and I guess the time slipped past me. Before I knew it, I was wasted at the club." He admitted. You rolled your eyes as you listened to him.

"You went out to a club? On our six month anniversary?" You couldn't even raise your voice to yell because you were so furious with him. He did this same thing on your four month anniversary, he ditched you for David's vlog. 

"Baby, I am sorry," Jeff stated again. You couldn't bring yourself to look at him. He kept talking, but you honestly tuned him out. You had heard this same apology speech a thousand times. Jeff was constantly doing this to you. He would make plans with you, then he would stand you up because someone in the squad needed footage. Your mind wandered on what could have happened last night when you remembered the messages your got.

"You cheated on me last night, didn't you?" You finally made eye contact with Jeff. You watched as he stopped talking and looked down at his hands. You felt the tears begin to burn your eyes, but you refused to let him see how he was hurting you. You held back the tears and watched him struggle to find his words.

"I just kissed her." He admitted. You took a step back away from him, unable to actually believe that this was happening. "Y/N, I was drunk and David needed footage. I am so sorry, I-" But you cut him off.

"Don't apologize, I know you don't mean it. You were drunk and David needed footage? Yet your girlfriend of six months went out and bought a new dress for a date you promised her. Your girlfriend of six months stayed up until two in the morning, waiting for you to knock on the door or at least send her a text saying you weren't coming. Your girlfriend of six fucking months went to bed crying about how her boyfriend of six months stood her up, AGAIN."

You were yelling now. The next moment happened so quickly that you didn't realize it had even happened until you laid down in your bed. You told Jeff to get out of your apartment as you threw a box of his things into his arms. You told Jeff to never message you or call you ever again. And he left.