~Surprise Party~ Heath Hussar

It was your best friend, Carly's, birthday and you were in charge of planning her surprise birthday party. You and Erin were in your living room, setting up the decorations all around.

"Hey, should we go over the list of everyone that is coming? To make sure we have enough drinks and food." You suggested as you walked into the kitchen to start sorting the groceries. Erin sat at the bar and went through the list as you focused on the food.

"David, Liza, Scotty, Kristen, Alex, Brandon, Jason, Todd, Corinna, Bruce, Zane, Heath," You froze at that name, Heath.

    Heath and you had never really gotten along well. You found Heath's humor to be annoying and you personally found him to be douchey, and he thought you were a "stuck up bitch", his words and not yours.

"Heath is coming?" You whined. Erin gave you a look, which you automatically knew as the "lecture look".

"Heath is Carly's friend too, and I think she would love to see him at the party. It would make her even happier to see the two of you getting along." You agreed, telling Erin you would try your hardest to be nice. After all, it is Carly's birthday and not yours.

"Well if Heath is coming, then we are going to need more alcohol." You snickered at your own comment, but Erin didn't find it too funny.

"Y/N, he's not an alcoholic."

"I was talking about for me, so i can get through the night around him." That gained a slight smile and head shake from Erin.

    The party was beginning at 8:30, Bruce was in charge of distracting Carly so that you could get everyone to your house and everything set up before she got there. You finished applying your makeup before curling your hair and putting on your black tank top that showed lots of cleavage and your glittery gold mini skirt. Around 8 pm, guests started to arrive, and it was around 8:25 pm when you saw Heath waltz in with Zane.

"Hi guys, glad you could make it!" You greeted Zane and Heath, being sure to fake your smile as best as you could.

"It looks amazing, and yes girl, you are slaying this outfit! Give us a twirl booboo." Zane praised. You giggled, but gave him what he asked for. Once you finished your twirl, you noticed Heath staring at you. You couldn't tell what type of stare it was, but it sure was obvious.

"Where's the alcohol?" Was all Heath said before walking towards the kitchen, not even waiting to hear your answer.

    "Ignore him, he probably can't handle how hot you look." Zane smiled, but you just laughed.

"Yeah, right." You giggled. Zane seemed to start to say something but you got a text from Bruce saying they were pulling up in front of your house. Quickly everyone hid in spots and waited for Carly to walk in.

"Are you sure she is here?"

"Positive."

    You heard more of Carly and Bruce's conversation before they walked into the living room and turned on the lights. You all jumped up, scaring the shit out of Carly, but she expressed how happy she was.

    As the party went on, people got more and more drunk. You were tipsy but not drunk when you heard something outside in your backyard, so you went out to check. You opened the back door and looked to your left, no one. Then to your right, you saw the light of a cigarette bud. Heath.

"Sorry, thought I heard something out here." You hollered as you turned to head back in.

"Why do you hate me?" His word stopped you straight in your tracks. You turned to face him and noticed he was walking a little closer now.

"Heath, this isn't the time or place. Carly really wants us to-"

"Answer the question, Y/N." You looked at your feet kicking pebbles. You expected Heath to be looking away, but when you looked up he still was watching you. You were stuck, sure the two of you never actually got along, but you honestly didn't have a reason to hate him.

"Because you hate me." You admitted. Heath chuckled, shaking his head as he put out his cigarette.

"Really? THAT'S the reason you hate me? That's why you call me a douche?"

"Hey, you called me a bitch!" You defended yourself. He scratched his beard, thinking.

The two of you stood in silence, before you decided to start going back inside. Heath stopped you once again with your words.

"I don't hate you, and I don't think you are a bitch." You walked over to him, looking him in the eyes.

"Liar." You muttered. You felt his big hands slip around your waist, pulling you so close that your chests were pressed together as he crashed his warm lips against yours, all in one swift motion. The two of you stayed there for about ten seconds, before you realized what was happening and pulled away.

"You're drunk, Hussar." You whispered, looking down at your bodies which were still pressed closely. Heath leaned his forehead on to yours, looking down as well.

"I haven't had anything to drink." He admitted. You looked up at him, he wasn't acting drunk.

"Y/N, i think I might like you." He whispered before leaning in and connecting your lips once again, but this time you let it go on for a while. There was something different about the way you felt for Heath now. You weren't sure what caused it, but you knew you wanted this moment to last forever.