~Director~ Brandon Calvillo

The hot sun beamed down on your face as you stepped out of the LAX airport. You stood by your two bags as you skimmed over the crowd, searching for your good friend Alex Ernst. You were currently a film major and you had a project where you had to direct a short film, so you automatically contacted Alex to ask for help.

    Alex needed more film for his reel, so he was more than happy to help out. He flew you out so you could film with some of his friends. You sat on one of your suitcases as you thought about memories of Alex. There was a tap on your shoulder that startled you so much that you fell down. You looked up to see Alex and his friend David laughing at you.

"Well hello." Your face turned a bit red, embarrassed because strangers were now watching you.

"Y/N, you remember David?" Alex questioned as he helped you off the ground. You hugged David before grabbing your bags and walking to David's Tesla.

    "Tell me about your film, Y/N." David shouted to the back as he drove out of the airport parking lot.

"It's about two friends who are fighting over who will get this girl at the bar, but it turns out she is lesbian.Alex, did you find other people to be in the film?" He started shuffling through his backpack and pulled out the script.

    "There's our friend Liza, I was thinking of her as the main girl. Our buddy, Scotty, his girlfriend Kristen as the girlfriend. Then there is our friend, Brandon, he actually acts and makes short films too. You looked over Brandon's photo, taking in the features of his shaggy brown hair and his pretty chocolate eyes. You were immediately drawn to him.

    You were pulled away from the photo when you felt the car come to a complete stop. Looking up from the photo, you realized that you were at the bar that David had picked to film in. Alex helped bring in all of your equipment and set up. You noticed in the back room that your actors were getting into costume and makeup. David offered to take over so you could meet them.

    You followed closely behind Alex as you walked. You weren't sure why but your heart was beating fast and your hands began to shake.

"Hey, this is Y/N. She's the director." Alex announced loudly, making the three actors turn their heads to look at you. You made immediate eye contact with Brandon, causing your heart to skip a beat. You fumbled on your words as you began to explain your vision for the film. Once you finished explaining, you quickly ran out so you could compose yourself. You groaned as you sat by David and lied your head onto the table. You felt like a fool, like you embarrassed yourself in front of Brandon.

    "Are you okay?" David laughed. You shook your head while covering your face in your hands.

"I just made a fool of myself in front of Brandon. It's silly though, I just met him but, I'm not sure. I think he's super cute. I'm scared he won't like this project since he is an actor and director. I want him to be impressed."

    The two of you talked for about ten minutes before your actors came out, ready to get started. You directed them where to sit, when to move, and gave ideas on how the characters should act. Two hours went by before you all agreed to break for lunch.

    "Y/N?" You looked up from your phone to see Brandon sheepishly standing in front of you.

"Yes?" Your voice sounded shaky despite your efforts of trying to sound calm.

"Do you mind walking across the street and getting Chipotle with me? I'm having trouble with this character." You look at the group, they all were deep in conversation. You agreed and quickly grabbed your bag before walking over with Brandon. He insisted on buying your food, so you sat at a table as he paid, your legs began to bob rapidally.

    Brandon sat across from you, his big smile stretching from ear to ear. Immediately, you tried to get to business but Brandon kept changing the subject to you. After about four questions, you gave up and decided to not discuss the project. You discovered that Brandon started making vines in 2013, he even showed you some early ones that made him cringe and you explained to him what sparked your love for filmmaking.

    The two of you talked for another thirty minutes before heading back to the bar. Brandon stopped you before walking inside the bar, he just stood there looking at you as he fiddled with his hands.

"I need to be honest. I wasn't having a hard time with the character, I just wanted an excuse to get you alone and talk with you because I think you are drop dead gorgeous and you are a fantastic director. I know you are only staying for this weekend but, Y/N, there just was something telling me that I needed to take a shot with you." You noticed that the two of you were very close to one another now and you nervously looked down at your feet. You felt Brandon's warm hand lift your head so he could look into your eyes.

    He leaned in slowly, but there was something in you that couldn't hold back so you grabbed his face and connected your lips. Sparks instantly flew around you and your stomach felt millions of butterflies fly around. Once you pulled away, you noticed Brandon was a tad red in the face but was smiling widely.

"I'm glad you did that because I wanted to do that but wanted to seem romantic." He chuckled.

"You're not romantic?" You giggled.

"Oh no, I don't have one romantic bone in my body." You both giggled before leaning back in and kissing again.

    The door to the bar opened causing the two of you to split instantly. Alex stood there staring at you two.

"Hey, love birds. Let's get going, we wanna finish before 5." He snickered at you. You and Brandon slowly walked in and resumed filming.

    The rest of the weekend, Brandon helped you edit your film and took you on a date. He even drove you to the airport to say goodbye. You both promised to keep in touch and once school was out for summer, you flew back to LA and spent all summer with him.