Chapter Thirty Nine

(AN: Half of this deals with the act of saving Charlee...Im imfamous for cliffhangers so you'll have to wait until Monday or so, for the next update to find out what all happens. Lets just say....I killed off a character. Take a few guesses before you start reading :) Anyways, class starts in 15 so Im going to go study! Enjoy the chapter and dont forget to ReVomment! -Opal ) 

Chapter Thirty Nine

I laid in bed that night, unable to sleep. Thoughts of saving Charlee and wanting desperately to save Ezra kept going through my head. I sighed and rolled over on my side just as Ryder opened my door. I sat up as he walked in. “I didn’t wake you did I?” he asked as he walked in all the way and sat down on my bed. “No, I cant sleep,” I told him. “Do you regret it?” he asked. Mistaking the reason behind why I couldn’t sleep. Did I regret sleeping with him? Never, never in a million years. “No, I don’t regret it,” I told him. He smiled softly and leaned in to kiss my lips. Once he pulled back I fought the urge to jump him again. “Sleep okay, you have ass to kick tomorrow,” he told me. He got up top leave but I grabbed his hand. He looked at me confused. “Stay with me tonight?” I asked. Without a word said, he pulled back my covers, slid under them and pulled me close to him. I could hear his heart beating steadily and it lulled me to sleep. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The sun came up way to fast. I groaned as it shone in my eye through the window and I burrowed my face into the crook of Ryder’s neck. He moaned and pushed me away. Jerk. I was up now. It was time to get the party started. I got up out of the bed, leaving Ryder sleeping still and I skipped to the bathroom to shower. Operation Save Charlee was going to go in effect as soon as I was done. I was going to get my best friend back if it was the last thing that I did. I went to open the door when Jax walked out…wrapped in nothing but a towel. Damn it. Whoa. Abs. Whoa…happy trail. He smirked and let out a chuckle and I looked up blushing. “Like what you see?” he asked. I frowned. “Why does everyone ask me that!” I hissed as I pushed him out of the way and into the bathroom. I went to close the door but he blocked it with his foot. I sighed. “You smell like him,” he told me softly. “Hence why I was going to take a shower,” I explained. “Do you love him?” Jax asked. I froze. Well…I think I did…I wasn’t sure. How could you love someone you know nothing about? 

“Leave him Charlee and be with me,” he pleaded softly. The towel was really starting to distract me. “I cant Jax, Im meant to be with him,” I told him. His face turned red. He was starting to get mad. “First Ezra then him, you saw how Ezra turned out, do you really want to go through that again with Ryder,” he snapped. He was literally fuming. “I have been there for you for EVERYTHING,” he cried out. “Jax you’ll wake everyone up,” I said and then I took him by the arm and pulled him back into the bathroom closing the door behind us. 

“I don’t understand why you don’t want to be with me! Im a witch I can give you anything you want!” he exclaimed. “Jax, I want Ryder,” I told him. “No Sophie you don’t! “ he growled. Why was everyone always growling at me! “Don’t tell me what I do and do not want!” I snapped at him. He was relentless, he was never going to give up. “Im the leader of this whole pack..” he started. I interrupted him. “Yes, you are but Im not a damn wolf, you cant force me to love you, you cant force anyone to love you!” I cried. Tears started to fall. God damnit. “Please don’t cry,” he said panicking. It was like a new Jax had just shown up. “Just go, please,” I said and I opened the door. Ryder was standing outside of it poised to knock. He saw me first and then Jax wrapped in a towel. His smile that he had when he had first saw me fell and then he turned and walked away. Jax walked out and then I promptly slammed the door behind him.