Chapter Twenty Six

(AN: So. Wow, Ive posted what 3 times today? New record bishessss. Yes, Im still on the sugar high, havent hit coma yet, looking forward to that after my late lecture at 6p-9p. NERRRRR. I just made coffee with a whole crap load of sugar in it. Adios to sane notions. Lecture tonight will be interesting. ANYWAYS did you check out Stellas Stories yet? You should. Her ish is redonk man! actually its good. I promise! -Opal)

Chapter Twenty Six

I was freaking out. Oh my god was I freaking out. Jax had done his little witchy shit and got us loose. Charlee went on a rampage and had to go back to the Luna Pack and tell them what happened. Jax looked uncomfortable and Cam was trying to calm me down, but i was far from being calmed down. Who knew where Julianne took Ezra, or what the hell she was doing with him. 

I paced the forest floor. "Sophie Im sorry, I thought I had blocked her out," Jax said feebly. "Dont!" I yelled at him, turning to face him. "Dont even apologize, you were killing him and then you let your mother take him, which is worse than death itself. You didnt see what she did to him, she wiped him clean, he's her bitch now," I said. I started pacing again. "To put it frankly," Jax said. "he was always her bitch, at least until you showed up," 

I ignored the last part of his comment. 'We have to find him!" I said. I crossed my arms. "You know where she resides, i know you do, is that where she took him?" I asked. Jax laughed. "I highly doubt it, she wants to kill the Solar Pack and essentially me, Sophie she took him straight to his pack, so he could regain his status and command his pack to attack," he explained. 

Cam's eyes went wide. "Guys i have to go Im being summoned," he said sorrowfully. 'Go ahead," Jax said. In a moment I watched as he shifted before my eyes and took off running. Wow. That was new. 'Then I need to go to the Luna Pack, he can be talked out of this I know he can!' I pleaded. 'Sophie you dont understand," Jax said as he walked up to me. "She has him completely under her control now, you dont even exist," 

"You're wrong," I said. I ran then. I ran from Jax because he scared me. Everything he said scared me. how could someone who loved me so much want to hurt me? and thats exactly what Jax was doing. He was tearing me apart. 

I ran until i saw Jaxs car and Ezra's then I realized I didnt have Ezra's keys. Fuck it all. I leaned up against Jax's jeep. and waited. he showed up a few moments later. "Need a ride?' he asked. "dont talk to me," i snapped as he unlocked the door and I climbed in. 

________________________________________________________________________________

He pulled into my driveway and I sighed. I had no idea what to do. I had no idea where to start actually. "dont do anything stupid, Sophie," he warned as I got out of the car. "The only stupid thing Ive done lately is think that you were a nice person," I snapped as I got out of his car. He parked and got out and chased after me. He held his hand out and kept my door locked as I tried to unlock it. 

"Sophie all Ive wanted to do was help you, i took time away from my job to help you, and its because I have stupidly fallen in love with you that i was willing to help your mate and his pack." he told me. He still wouldnt unlock the door. "You wanted to kill him," I snapped again. He was really pissing me off. "it was the only way to keep you safe and thats my number one priority, too keep you safe, because I love you!" he said again. 

"You dont have a right to love me!' I aid. "you ruined EVERYTHING!" he grabbed my shoulders and shook them. "I did what I had to do  to keep you safe, Ezra is a lost cause and Im sorry, you're better off without him," he said. "you're a damn asshole if you thought that, just because you lost someone you love doesnt mean you can make me do the same!" i cried. 

Jax's face fell. "Im sorry," I said, 'I didnt mean that," Jax took a step back. "My baby died even though I tried to help her. The only thing I could do was ease her pain and watch her die, I tried to make this easy on you Sophie, but you dont know how to take a hint," he started crying and my heart broke in two. 

"I cant let go like you did Jax, I know you tried your hardest and now its my turn, you did everything you could to save your little girl and Im going to do everything I can to save Ezra, you can help me or back off I really dont care," I told him as I finally unlocked my door and walked inside. 

___________________________________________________________________________

I sat down on the couch and grabbed my phone. The day had gone by in a whirl and it was already 4pm. What day was it? Friday? i had missed so much school, but at this point the only thing that mattered was getting Ezra back safe and sound.

I scrolled down my contact list until I found Charlees name. I pressed send. she answered. "Where are you?" she asked quickly, she sounded scared. "Im at home?" I said, it came out like a question. Was that the right answer? "Quick I need you to go to Jax's, I mean this Sophie go straight there and do not stop for ANYONE, do you understand?" she questioned. I was beginning to tweak out. "I understand," I said and I hung up. I grabbed my keys. Then walked to my door, then swore. My damn car was at Ezra's we took his Focus to the woods. So I gave myself a little pep talk. Then I walked out my door. Jax's was about 10 minutes walking distance from my house. 'Just dont talk to anyone," I told my self as i started to walk. 

"Hey Sophie!" I heard a voice yell at me. I turned. He looked familiar. Oh right. Alex from my Psych class. I never talked to him. How did he even know I existed? I stopped and he came up to me, he was smiling. It was hypnotic. How weird. Why were his teeth so damn bright? Did he bleach them? "Sophie you okay you seem a little out of it?" he asked. I went to open my mouth when I heard Charlee's voice echo in my head. "Do not stop for anyone," 

My heart started beating wildly as I looked up at Alex. His face fell from a smile into a snarl. He growled and i took of running. I was such an idiot why did I stop!!!I looked behind me and screamed as Alex shifted in mid air and launched himself towards me. I moved out of the way as he hit the ground., I backed up against a tree. 

I was in the middle of the fucking neighborhood and no one was seeing this?! He growled again and snapped his teeth, I aimed a well aimed kick at his head . "Heel Cujo!" I yelled. He snapped again and I jerked back. There was only one option left for me, well two but the  other option was stupid, I could either try to run around him or climb the tree. Admittedly, both sounded idiotic but one or the other had to work, and I wasnt going to place bets on running around him. I was about ready to climb when I was knocked off my feet...my the biggest clap of thunder I had ever heard. 

"Back OFF!" a voice echoed. I looked up from the ground and saw Jax standing on the other side of the street. It started to rain. I was still rooted to the ground too scared to move. "GO!" he screamed as the thunder cracked again. Lightning flashed and it showed in his eyes. He was controlling the weather? Wicked! 

Alex ran off and soon the ran let up and Jax was walking over to me. he held out his hand and pulled me. "Next time listen to Charlee," he said sighing. I nodded. I couldnt even get words to form.