Chapter Seventeen

(AN: The real actiony and confusing stuff is going to be rearing its head after this chapter! -Opal)

Chapter Seventeen

I pulled away from him and he looked at me, his eyes glazed over and a goofy grin on his face. I felt bad.  Yeah I wanted that kiss and it felt good but it wasn’t the feeling that I wanted. Fireworks I heard were good but I wanted humming…and I only got that with….him. Ezra. Jax soon lost his goofy grin and it became serious. “Is there someone else?” he asked me. I thought for a moment. Was there? “No,” I finally said, because I wasn’t giving in to what my body was wanting, unlike what Ezra told me…I did have a choice. I would have to rethink my plan to get him to kill the Solar Pack. Its all I could do. I couldn’t choose between the two of them .

Jax pulled me out to dance on the dance floor  and I let him, forcing the intruding thoughts out of my head. He pulled me close to him, running his fingers on his left hand up my arms as he wrapped it around his neck. He maneuvered so his leg was between mine, his hands went down to my hips and the music started thumping and I could feel it and soon I was lost in the sound. Moving on him and giving in to the pull of the rhythm. 

Then we were knocked apart by Charlee. “Guys I think we need to go,” she said. She was slurring her words a little bit. Jax narrowed his eyes at her. “Are you drunk?” he asked. Charlee hissed. “Door. Now. I might have caused a teeny tiny bit of a problem.” She started moving towards the door. What the hell was going on? Jax looked at me and I shrugged my shoulders but went on to follow her. But I stopped in my tracks. A built guy, not ugly but not my type of handsome, slid in front of Charlee blocking her exit. She backed up. Charlee was never intimidated by anyone. Jax grabbed my arm, stopping me from going to back Charlee up. 

I didn’t look at Jax to scold him though. I was entranced by the tattoo on the mans wrist. I caught a glimpse of it as he raised his hand, speaking angrily. It was a tattoo of the son. A Solar Pack member? Maybe I was getting to far ahead of myself because Ezra didn’t have a moon tattoo on him. I shook loose of Jax’s grasp, and walked up to Charlee. 

“Do we have a problem here?” I asked. The man with the tattoo growled. A real fucking growl and I froze. “you’re kidding me right?” I asked starting to get pissed off. He WAS part of the Solar Pack, he had to be, but why the hell was he growling and intimidating Charlee? Charlee whimpered and backed up more. 

“Back off human,” the man snapped. I barely heard him over the music, and no one was really paying attention…which was odd.  Jax who was still behind us finally stepped in, there was no way he could have heard what the man had said but he must have read the body language. 

He stepped in front of me and in front of Charlee. “Did Miss Charleedo something to offend you sir?” he asked. The mans lip curled in anger. “She threatened my pack,” he told Jax. Jax looked confused. “Well, tell your…friends that I am sorry for her behavior…she had an entire bottle of Tequila and was not responsible for her actions,” he said. 

The man looked at Jax and shook his head and walked away. Jax turned on Charlee. “Do you have a death wish Charlee?” he asked as he grabbed her arm and pulled her out of the club. And she let him. Who was this lady and where was Charlee? I ran after them because boy did he drag her out of the club fast. 

The wind from outside hit me in the face and I shivered. What was going on with this weather? It was never this cold in Georgia. Jax was yelling a Charlee and I could hear his voice echoing from around the corner of the club. I walked over to them and Charlee went to say something but stopped when she saw me. 

“Okay whats going on, you BOTH have some explaining to do,” I said crossing my arms. Charlee looked at Jax and Jax looked at me and then I was looking at the back of my eyelids as darkness enveloped me. *************************************************************************************

I woke up with a killer headache in my bed. I blinked my eyes and looked around at my familiar surroundings. What the hell? Last thing I remembered I was demanding an answer from Charlee and Jax for what had happened at the club. 

I rolled over and winced at the bright light of my alarm clock. 2am. I had been out since…around 9pm? I wasn’t to sure. I groaned as I forced myself out of my bed. Where was my cell? I groped around in the side table next to my bed and didn’t find it. I tripped over my shoes and landed on the floor. My cell was digging into my chin. Found it. I picked it up, still laying on the floor. I looked at the date. 3 days since the club. Usually I would have flipped out that I slept 3 days away , but right now, after all that had happened nothing could surprise me. 

I crawled back into my bed the headache nearly making me just fall asleep back on the floor. I fell asleep instantly not waking up again until my alarm went off for Jax’s Lit class. 

*************************************************************************************

I walked into Lit looking probably like I felt. Like Shit. This headache just would not leave, the sun was killing my eyes and the noise was enough to make me want to collapse to the floor in a crying mess. Jax walked in a few moments after I sat down and he looked at me warily before he walked up to his desk and grabbed the stack of papers and starting handing them out. 

I was in and out of it through out his class and the rest of the day. I wandered by chance into the cafeteria and picked up a random sandwich from Subway and sat down. I saw Cam looking at me from across the room and I smiled a bit. It was nice to see him. The room started to waver. Was I getting sick? Cam frowned and got up from his chair. I grabbed the table. I felt like the room was shaking. 

Cam made it to me in seconds and grabbed my shoulders. I looked up at him, whoa, there was two of him! “Sophie?” he asked concerned. “Are you okay?” I went to speak but I couldn’t. The room started to spin and soon my body was going slack and I was falling back into Cam’s arms pulled into the most erotic wet dream I had ever fucking had.