Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

We blared the radio the rest of the car ride. Jax drove to the next town over which was about 45 minutes away from campus, and just happened to be bustling with people. He parked at a Starbucks and I mentally slapped myself. It was a weekend of course it was going to be busy! He got out of the car while i was unbuckling my seat belt and opened my door as I reached for the handle. I smiled at him as he reached a hand out to help me dismount from his truck.

"Isnt it a little busy?" I asked him. i was really actually kind of scared to be caught with him. "No, its better this way, we'll blend in trust me!" he said. he had never let go of my hand, and I didnt bother to move it either. So he dragged me from the parking lot and to the front door of Starbucks, opening it for me. 

"Thank you kind sir," I said in an overexaggerated British accent. He bowed as I walked through and i couldnt help but let out a giggle. I could get used to hanging with him. He was fun. didnt act like he was 26 or a teacher for that matter. 

We walked up to the mile long line and stood there. my mouth was watering for a White Mocha Frappuccino. "So," Jax said as he shifted his weight. "I heard on the grapevine around school that you have a thing going on with someone," he said. His face flushed. "Jax," I said, "I told you in the truck I dont have a boyfriend." 

Jax sighed. "Do you have Prof. Devereaux as a teacher?" he asked out of the blue. Just the sound of his last name made my body tingle. "Yes," I said, calming myself enough to be normal. Getting this hot from the sound of a name couldnt be normal. Maybe I was coming down with the flu. "Alot of the other...male teachers...well, we've seen how he looks at you, and you have the same brand that he does...." he trailed off. 

"The brand is a coincedence," I snapped. Because well, it was! "and I dont have anything going on with him, I swear," we moved up in the line. "and wait a minute! You and the other male teachers? Have you guys been checking me out?!" I questioned. 

Jax looked pained. "Sophie, have you looked at yourself lately, half the schools population of males think your delicious enough to eat!" he said. His voice cracked in the middle of his sentence and it made him blush. 

We moved in line again. I really wanted that drink now. Anything to keep this conversation from happening. 

"Okay you've moved rather close to scaring me away," I warned him. His head shot up and he looked scared. "What! Im sorry, Okay Ill shut up!" and then he shut his mouth. I sighed. "Thats not what I want you to do, I take it as a compliment that youve been watching me around campus but I really dont have anything going on with Prof Devereaux okay? Im just a normal, 19 year old SINGLE girl and I want to keep it that way," I told him. 

We were at the front of the line now and I ordered and paid for my drink and walked down to get it and Jax did the same. We looked around for a place to sit as we got our drinks and headed over to a seat in the corner. 

We sat down and I took a drink of my White Mocha Frappuccino and moaned in delight. Jax shifted in his seat. oops. He set his coffee down and didnt touch it. 

"You ordered it and you arent drinking it why?" I asked. "I hate coffee," he told me sheepishly. "And you took me to a coffee shop why?" I asked. i set my Frappuccino down and stared at him, raising an eyebrow, waiting for him to answer. 

"uhm, because i was nervous and this was the first thing to pop in my head," he admitted. I went to say something but stopped as I saw him walk through the door. Fucking Ezra Devereaux! I started to talk but then hissed in pain. My ring finger was burning again. Ezra's eyes caught mine and my body started the nonsensical humming again. 

"Sophie? You okay?" Jax asked. His hand touched my arm. I was knocked out of the humming and it felt like I had just took a plunge in ice cold water. I turned my gaze from Ezra and looked at Jax. "Yeah, Im fine...sorry, can we go somewhere else? its getting a little crowded in here," I asked. Jax nodded and we got up to leave. He dumped his coffee in the trash and held the door open for me again as we went to walk out. 

I glanced over my shoulder at Ezra and he smiled. I shook my head and walked to Jax's truck and got in. This was pushing the limits, I had decided. I would have to talk to him about stalking me.