Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

We were on our way to...wherever Jax was driving when my phone started buzzing obnoxiously. I looked down at it, pulled down my notification bar and growled at it. 

So you cant stand to be around me for one moment because Im a teacher, but you are getting cozy with the Lit Prof? Smooth Sophie. Now whats the real reason as to why you dont want to be around me?

I tossed my phone into my lap and turned up the radio. I needed a distraction. Jax looked at me but said nothing. 

"She don't hold onto nothin' new for very long

Yeah she writes you in as just one more tale

and then you're gone

'Cause she once fell hard 'cause she dropped her guard

And no one gets to stay it's just too late"

I turned it down. I did not want to hear the rest of that song. My cell vibrated again. "God!" I mumbled. I looked at the screen. 

You can try to run Sophie  but your mine that mark on your finger is proof to that. You wont run far. 

I threw my cell on the floor board this time. Jax looked at me confused. "Dot ask," I mumbled. "Wasnt going to," Jax assured me. After a few moments of silence, we pulled up to a deserted park and I let out a little laugh. He was seriously trying way harder than he had too. He parked and he looked at me, nervous again. 

"You are such a teenage boy at heart, come on," I said as I unbuckled. "Take a walk with me,"  got out of the truck and purposefully left my phone where it was on the floor board. 

we started to walk and talk. He talked about how his first year of teaching was going. Turns out he doesnt like the stares he gets from the girls. He would rather them say he was cute than for him to have to guess it. He told me about how he made a bet with one of the other profs that he would go out running on the weekend and interact with one of his students in a way that was deemed inappropriate. 

I snorted at that. "Well, its is inappropriate," he said laughing. "Im technically not even supposed to be here with you right now, I could lose my job!" he told me. I stopped walking and looked at him. "So i was part of a bet, what do you win for winning?" i asked. Jax shrugged. "My pride remains intact? I mean seriously Im a 26 year old man who hasnt had a girlfriend in years or had sex in just around that long." I looked away at that topic. 

"Why are you blushing?" he asked. Then it clicked. "Oh my god, Sophie Metzger, are you a virgin?!" I growled at him. If I could go by my daydreams then technically no I wasnt. But that didnt count. "As a matter of fact I am," I told him, lifting my chin up in defiance. "How adorable," he cooed as he pinched my cheek. I swatted his hand away. "jerk," I murmured. He laughed at me. 

"Sophie its not a bad thing, its something you definitely dont see in girls your age now," he said, he took my hand and started walking again forcing me to walk with him. "Yeah, well that was the factor that cost me my relationship with my last boyfriend," I admitted. I felt tears prickle against my eyes. Damn why did the thought of that still hurt?

"Sophie, obviously if that was a huge deal for him, he wasnt worth the time and effort of giving it to him or dating him for that matter. Any real man would wait until you were ready and not a moment sooner. its not something you can give away and receive back," Jax told me. God, he was the sweetest thing ever. Must be all that Lit he read. 

I went to say something but I blacked out. Just like that. I hit the ground hard but that didnt even knock me out of the day dream. 

"See I told you, you couldnt run from me," he whispered in my ear. Ezra ran his fingers down the side of my body. We were back in the shower. Why was my body torturing itself like this? I moaned as his fingers stopped around my hip and gripped the flesh hard, bringing me extremely up close and personal with his body. 

"I'll always find you one way or another," he said. "you're mine," then he captured my lips with his and my entire body caught on fire. I arched my back as the water from the shower head cascaded over our bodies making the situation even more erotic then it already was. 

His fingers found there way from my hips to my thighs and they were traveling up. My head fell back and his teeth scraped against the exposed skin, making my breath catch. His fingers glided up higher and higher until...I woke up. 

"Holy shit! Are you okay!" Jax asked. He was kneeling down beside me, panic reflecting in his eyes. I groaned. "Im far from okay, but im not hurt," I said. I continued laying there looking up at the sky. After a moment Jax laid down next to me and pulled me closer to his side, grasping my hand as he did so. "Im far from okay to," he whispered in my ear.