Chapter Thirty Seven

(An: This is just another filler, sorry its taking me so long to update, I start my second job this week and theres only 5 weeks left of school! Im pressed for time and my anxiety is through the roof! Anyways, ReVomment! -Opal) 

Chapter Thirty Seven 

I stomped away from Naomi fuming. Way to ruin my what had started off as a good afternoon. I took in a deep breath and then let it out. I let my mind wander as I walked even further away from the lodge. Naomi's words echoing in my head. Omega? I knew enough to know that meant she was kind of like the lone wolf of the pack but was she dangerous? i didnt know, I would have to remember to ask Ryder. 

I was about 2 miles away from the lodge when I heard a scream. I stopped in my tracks. I heard it again and my head whipped towards the woods where it sounded like it was coming from. Another scream sounded and I took off running without hesitation towards the sound. 

I moved branches from the trees out of my way and nearly tripped over a few tree roots on my way into the woods, the screams had died down to whimpers but i still couldnt find the source. I came to a clearing. and there she was. Charlee. She was laying in the center of the clearing blood smeared all over her, there was so much I couldnt find where the source was. I went to run to her than I stopped. I was on the border of Harmony and Peril. I toed the border but my gut was telling me to turn around while my heart was tearing in two as I watched my best friend suffer. "its not real," I murmured to myself as I backed away. "Its not real its not real its not...AHHHHHHH!" I screamed as I felt myself fall backwards. Someone had grabbed my arm! "Damnit you idiot what are you doing!" a voice snapped. I was jerked up right. I turned in haste and nearly fell again as I saw Naomi with a death grip on my arm. 

I struggled to get my breath. "I...I..." I turned to face the clearing and Charlee was gone. Damnit I knew it. "You were about to cross over into their territory, do you have a death wish?" she hissed. She let go of my arm and crossed hers. "Whats it to you?" I snapped back. She rolled her eyes. " may not like you but I like my pack well enough, if I let you cross I would be out-casted," she explained. "So no matter how much I would like to toss you over the border I cant, so how about we get out of the woods okay?" she asked. She moved out of my way and ushered me to go ahead of her. 

I shook my head and stalked in front of her and out of the woods. We stood on the side of the woods a few moments later. "you're welcome," she said. I rolled my eyes and walked away from her angrily and back to the lodge. 

when I opened the door, Jax jumped. Ryder and Cam were still gone. "what bit you where the sun dont shine?" Jax asked. "Go fuck yourself," I snapped as I walked past him and into the hallway that led to my room. "I do baby, every night!" he yelled after me. I groaned. He was ridiculous. 

I opened my door and a scream was caught in my throat. Ezra stood in front of me. My heart stopped in my chest. He walked up to me. "Baby," he whispered. His hand went to touch my cheek than he stopped. This wasnt real! None of this was. Julianne was messing with me. I looked up into Ezra's eyes, then closed mine. When I opened them again...he was gone. 

________________________________________________________________________________

That night

 I stayed in my room being an uncontrollable crying mess until a few hours later when I heard a soft knock on my door. I sat up in my bed and put on my "I got this under control," face. Ryder walked in a moment later and my body started that oh so annoying humming. One of these days I was just going to screw him every which way from friday. He was dressed in a flannel shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows and a worn pair of Levi's slung low across his hips. Total Babe. I cursed at myself. Total Skank. I told myself.

He walked over to my bed and sat on it. "So you met my sister today," he said. I let my eyes fall close. "You mean the devil incarnate? yeah I met her," I replied. He chuckled. "She's not a nice person I agree," "Thats an understatement, I would gladly cut my arm off to not ever have to see her again," I told him. He smiled a small smile. "well that is unfortunate for you, because...she's kinda hopping the border with you tomorrow when you go and get Charlee," he told me. "You're joking right?" I asked. "She's dispensable," he said shrugging his shoulders. 

She's your sister," I said incredlously. "She's got to show her loyalty, she's the Omega for a reason," he said. "She saved me from crossing the border!" I exclaimed. He was seriously sending his sister on a death quest? What the fuck? "I know, but thats not how it works here. She has a problem with authority, if she cant show her worth than she will be forced to leave its how the pack works," he said. 

"Sounds archaic," I stated. "It is but it works, so its enforced," he told me. I shook my head. Sounded a little whack to me but who was I to argue.  If he wanted to send his sister to his death all the power to him. "What was the reason you came in here?" I finally asked. "To see if you were ready for tomorrow," he said. "As Ill ever be but I know thats not the real reason," I replied. Ryder took a deep breath. 

"Im scared," he admitted. I was taken aback. "Oh of what?" I implored. He took a deep breath. "Everything. Loving you is up at the top of the list," he admitted. "Im sorry?" I said, I was a little confused. "I've gone almost 25 years with no intention of finding someone, I didnt want to, I liked the life I had, and then I saw you and the old me just left and here I am, I dont know how to process the jealousy, the constant urge...to just bend you...over," he stammered. "Its a constant struggle to see you and not touch you. I know you want to wait and I admire that, I respect that, my wolf doesnt. He wants whats his and sometime he takes over..." which explained earlier when he was like in a trance. 

"I need time," I told him pathetically. "I need you," he replied. My body kicked up a notch in the humming department and then it flashed white hot and my vision started going out. 'No, not this time," he growled as he pulled me to him. My vision wavered. But I stayed conscious. I was now on his lap.

His lips touched mine and my body went slack. My hormones were going crazy. his scent filled my nose, the feel of his hands on my skin was sending little shocks of electricity down my spine making me arch into him. He growled again and pushed me onto the bed. "wait..wait," I said panting. His lips scaled down my neck and he tore the collar of my shirt down baring my collarbone. He nipped it and my hips bucked. "No..." I moaned. My brain was overheating. I wanted this to be perfect. Not like this. "I said NO!" I finally said and with all the strength I could muster I pushed him off me. 

He hit the floor and his eyes were unfocused and not the normal blue. They were bright green and then it sunk in and they faded to his normal color. "Im...im sorry," he stammered. Then he got up from the floor and exited to room in a hurry. 

I struggled to catch my breath.